SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Burns' Big Banter Bonanza

NCsandhills

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They average 2500 times more snow than we do in Waycross. What do they even see that much snow from? OES?

Accidentally deleted prior post. Answer In the following article, something to do spit water between Japan and winds coming from china/Russia. Can't remember the exact setup.

Thanks James. Looks close though. Maybe we get lucky this time and we go east a bit. Not counting on it, though.

I would be feeling pretty good if I lived in RDU right now, major winter storm on tap, high impact event, could shut the triangle down for a day or two.  Likely not going to be all SN, 4-6" of SN, 1" IP, 1/2" of ZR somewhere in the middle, that will mess things up bad.

I would be feeling pretty good if I lived in RDU right now, major winter storm on tap, high impact event, could shut the triangle down for a day or two.  Likely not going to be all SN, 4-6" of SN, 1" IP, 1/2" of ZR somewhere in the middle, that will mess things up bad.

Yes, but we still have Widre

If anyone is going to chase and end up in CLT let me know. 

I wish I was headed to Spartanburg, but instead.....I'll be iced in  :P    Seriously.....I hope you all get nailed   ^_^

Thinking about creating a dedicated banter thread for the storm and pinning it, with the hope it cuts down on crap IMBY posts, thoughts?  Brainstorm over-performed, title in hand...

I :wub: the name 

:whistle:

:lol:  

I would be feeling pretty good if I lived in RDU right now, major winter storm on tap, high impact event, could shut the triangle down for a day or two. Likely not going to be all SN, 4-6" of SN, 1" IP, 1/2" of ZR somewhere in the middle, that will mess things up bad.

Yep, it's looking really good for a high impact event. Hopefully Lucy doesn't show up with the football in a little bit.

What a balmy night here in the triad. On the back deck grilling and thinking about boating weather. Sucks that we must endure a foot of snow first...........wayne and garth dream sequence.........

Seriously, what an amazing run the models have had with this storm. We went from models not agreeing with themselves, much less each other, to (mostly) agreeing from 7+ days out. Cant wait for the post mortem on this one!

I was thinking the same thing when I just went outside. It's so nice out! Hard to believe that we could have flurries even tomorrow morning.

Wonder how this could affect the UNC and Duke game Wednesday night?

Maybe the snow will collapse the roof.

This board has been a nice reprieve from this statistics HW today (using SAS, wonderful fun).

What model is WxSouth going with?

He's going with the _______ model.

I think from context in his Facebook posts, you can probably figure out which models he's favoring, though.

Archived