• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Which is closest to best describing you in this forum?

snow.

Closest?  

84 members have voted

1. 1. Closest to describing you in this forum

• Huge Giver - I dedicate my time and effort to contributing to the mid atlantic community, and dont ask for anything in return
    • Mostly Giver - I try to contribute as much as possible but also tap into the expertise and wisdom of others
    • 50/50 - I contribute the best I can and try to add value to the forum - but I sometimes actively look to others for answers - I do try to advance the dialogue
    • Mostly taker...I'll post obs, but most of my posts are of little to no ultility, and I tend to ask a lot of backyard questions
    • Taker - I give nothing of value to the forum, yet insist on posting with frequency - often making demands for backyard forecasts, model output, and don't care how annoying I am
    • Browser, occasional posts

Taker, mostly :( Will post ob's and use this forum to learn about my obsession, but never ask mby questions, but feel I will be belittled contributing with the very little knowledge I have compared to some on this forum. I can't explain the reasoning like others so I stay quiet, however I am on reading more than a normal person. So I am a pure learner, or taker, if it is called.

I don't know where I fit on this list. I make obs and posts that might not add much because most of what needs to be said by the more intelligent posters usually is said.

I feel the same.  Me adding anything to a medium to long range forecast discussion is pretty useless.  Not only is anything that I would add already been said by someone more articulate than me, but I also don't put a lot of stock in specific model projections too far out.  At least not this year.  That's not to say that I don't think others shouldn't discuss it because I enjoy reading it all, but I would rather just stay passively interested in future events. 

As far as adding discussion to current events, I try to but in the end I'm mostly a model and radar watcher.

I guess the best thing about me is that I definitely fit the category of, "Read more and post less."  There are only a few highlighted bullets by any of the threads on my screen.  I read just about everything.  I contribute when I can to discussion, but I also try to think before I post and many times I'll write something, read it, not see any value, and delete it.  I also contribute a few bucks every year because this is the best place I've found to get meaningful weather discussions and forecasts.

I'm mostly a taker, although I have made posts that have sparked some discussion from time to time. I post obs, and look to those who are knowledgeable for my weather fix and to advance my knowledge. I never ask IMBY questions. I just want to be part of the community of weather  enthusiasts, and I am grateful to those who put so much time into analysis. There is NO better place to get weather info than here.

Taker, mostly, I am no expert in weather, but I dont ask for model output or how much snow will fall  in my yard because I can read threads then interpret for myself. If I would study and apply myself to weather, I could in time become something of a giver in about three years.

Member Since 12 Nov 2010

Active Posts 2,272

avg post per day 1.9

Taker

not at all. it's always interesting how people like you have so few posts but are a big voice, at least IMO.  people like me should post less.

Archived