• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Which is closest to best describing you in this forum?

snow.

Closest?  

84 members have voted

1. 1. Closest to describing you in this forum

• Huge Giver - I dedicate my time and effort to contributing to the mid atlantic community, and dont ask for anything in return
    • Mostly Giver - I try to contribute as much as possible but also tap into the expertise and wisdom of others
    • 50/50 - I contribute the best I can and try to add value to the forum - but I sometimes actively look to others for answers - I do try to advance the dialogue
    • Mostly taker...I'll post obs, but most of my posts are of little to no ultility, and I tend to ask a lot of backyard questions
    • Taker - I give nothing of value to the forum, yet insist on posting with frequency - often making demands for backyard forecasts, model output, and don't care how annoying I am
    • Browser, occasional posts

I guess the best description is Mostly taker. I post OBS's because I am interested in seeing what goes on around me. I would like to contribute more but my Dyslexia gets in the way of my comphrension of detailed analysis. But I have always loved weather and how it affects daily life around me. I do not like labels but if I fit under "taker" than so be it.

Browser, occasional poster. My fiancee is a forecaster (aviation) and she has taught me how to interpret some models and do basic obs. 

This forum is a great aggregator of information, so despite the technical stuff being a bit over my head, I can take a lot away from the analysis done here. 

I'm a big forum participant in general, so I'd like to think I know when it's appropriate to just shut up and observe, so that's what I do here for the most part. 

Taker, mostly :( Will post ob's and use this forum to learn about my obsession, but never ask mby questions, but feel I will be belittled contributing with the very little knowledge I have compared to some on this forum. I can't explain the reasoning like others so I stay quiet, however I am on reading more than a normal person. So I am a pure learner, or taker, if it is called.

exactly what she said

I say ask your questions. I have, there are some very nice and accommodating people here. I have found that they in general are the ones who answer my questions. As for the rest, I learned a long time ago to not care what others think about me. :)

I need to adopt that attitude for sure. tx :-)

Archived