joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Feb 4-5 2014 storm

ravensrule

• Replies 960
  • Created
  • Last Reply

30/23 in Lauraville, and the above-mentioned 29.7/23 in Parkville. I am right in between those two obs stations. It is still 37 in downtown balt in the Mt. Vernon neighborhood. That is a seven degree difference in just the five miles between my work and my house. Urban heat island for damn sure.

The Parkville station is IMBY (literally, it was an Xmas gift in 2012). Its amazing how much cooler it can be just a few miles out of the city. Still at 29.7, dp has risen a smidge to 24.3.

Hires NAM keeps me below freezing until ~5AM.  Sim radar is impressive around 12-1 AM in DC.  

I still don't buy the NAM's temps but we'll see.  

Nothing has really changed in that regard either.. I haven't even really looked at the regular NAM but hi res looks like it has other than it being a little colder east to start and perhaps a touch colder everywhere else.. which translates of course, but we still aren't looking at any massive changes to what people have been talking about. 

Nothing has really changed in that regard either.. I haven't even really looked at the regular NAM but hi res looks like it has other than it being a little colder east to start and perhaps a touch colder everywhere else.. which translates of course, but we still aren't looking at any massive changes to what people have been talking about. 

Yeah, I agree with your thoughts you've posted tonight on this event.  I think there'll be some minor icing here but on the favored surfaces one would expect in/near a major city.  Favored areas will see more obviously.

In terms of the forecast, nothing much has changed, but in terms of the potential impact on roads and sidewalks ect...a degree or two makes a significant difference. I think we have gone from a marginal event (in MoCo) in terms of impact, to  closer to a moderate event.

Archived