joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Feb 4-5 2014 storm

ravensrule

• Replies 960
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll take my wall to wall rain and I will love it. It's 36 degrees here. We will not get one molecule of freezing rain or sleet.

I am just bitterly disappointed that I will get another big rainstorm with no ice or sleet. This is going to be an EPIC, EPIC week --- for a lot of RAIN in northern Virginia on the fall line and well east of the mountains.

Back to our usual "winter" weather. meh

You know what the worst part is? It isnt the rain tonight thru tomorrow.

Its the time of the year we are now in. Day by day our time is running out. We were so damn cold for months, and now this is what shall happen: usual Washingtonian cold/dry moisture-starved, then less cold/rainy or outright mild/rainy with plenty of qpf. Day by day and week by week  the sun angle is getting stronger and we will become unluckier and unluckier. The average temperature in Woodbridge will crest 50 degrees by late month.

With each rainy debacle, our time is running.

I'm going to drown in all this plain rain. 

26.9°F even with the lowering and thickening clouds with a dewpoint of 22°F after a high of 31.8°F. There's a cool NNE wind of 4 mph coming off the snowpack just to my north although I still have a patchy 1/2" of sleet on the ground. The puddles on my walk to the front door remained frozen all day so I'm expecting icing from the first drops.

Temp dropped from 31F to 26F in 90 minutes once the sun when down.

Surprising based on some of the short range runs this afternoon

Maybe.. I don't think things have changed all that much. We'll have to see how things set up once precip increases.. assuming it does.. it keeps seeming later/lighter. The less precip overnight could impact any risk for most of the city region at least.. RAP2 still blows warm air north pretty quick too.

26.9°F even with the lowering and thickening clouds with a dewpoint of 22°F after a high of 31.8°F. There's a cool NNE wind of 4 mph coming off the snowpack just to my north although I still have a patchy 1/2" of sleet on the ground. The puddles on my walk to the front door remained frozen all day so I'm expecting icing from the first drops.

Temp dropped from 31F to 26F in 90 minutes once the sun when down.

I was hoping you would post an obs. I ran some errands into Damascus and when I entered town the temp was around 30 and by the time I left it was down to 26. The air flow from the NNE has been pretty constant during the day. I have about an inch of compacted snow in MBY and unfortunately frozen solid on my driveway.

The most interesting HRRR is very interesting... The frozen line remains just north of DC until 8am where it jumps just south of I70. Through 8am it is very wet, with .5 plus DC north and 1 in plus in N MD. It also prints out 1-4 inches of snow for the Northern counties, though obviously that may be sleet. 

Maybe.. I don't think things have changed all that much. We'll have to see how things set up once precip increases.. assuming it does.. it keeps seeming later/lighter. The less precip overnight could impact any risk for most of the city region at least.. RAP2 still blows warm air north pretty quick too.

Yeah, all that's been happening this afternoon is that we have data to support that this might not be a bust temp-wise, allowing for a touch of freezing rain even into/close to the cities. It's not like we are all of a sudden facing something completely unforeseen...

Yeah, all that's been happening this afternoon is that we have data to support that this might not be a bust temp-wise, allowing for a touch of freezing rain even into/close to the cities. It's not like we are all of a sudden facing something completely unforeseen...

Yeah mostly. I do think the areas with no real ice forecast may see a little at this pt. Any significant ice should still be where the forecasts have it. The northern Md area is also much more consistently in solid precip overnight where it might be more spotty around here on te whole.

Archived