12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Feb 4-5 2014 storm

ravensrule

• Replies 960
  • Created
  • Last Reply

NAM is ticking warmer at the surface each run. GFS is warm. The sun is out and feels hot.

There won't be an ice storm except for far NW locations, and I don't mean Leesburg and Parkton. LOL

As long as areas do not get over 35 or so today... with the CAD tonight and the frozen ground... I think there will be a good amount of FZ... and there is no sun at night.

Based on soundings, precip comes in as sleet for the metro areas and lasts for a few hours.  Then it turns to rain, and although temps are still probably 30-32F in the vicinity of the urban corridor, I doubt it's very icy.  Out toward the mountains the surface temps are colder, but even there they're not THAT cold.  

Who is better...LWX or Mt Holly? LWX with a freezing rain advisory for the western shore. Mt Holly with a WWA for the eastern shore with up to an inch of snow/sleet and <.10 of ZR.

I'll put it this way, I'm in Middle River (Western Shore- LWX.) My mother is in Still Pond (Eastern Shore - Mt. Holly, even though her p&c references KTMN.)

As the crow flies we are separated by 19 miles of Bay. Since the two offices are frequently disparate in their forecasts, I've taken to blending the two, for a happy medium of sorts.

Sometimes LWX nails it, other times Mt. Holly wins the game. *shrugs* 

Many times it seems like the 3 offices, Sterling, Pitt, and Mt. Holly don't talk to each other at all.

NWS is great but they are so government it hurts. All this push for better comms to the public and they can't event talk to eachother.

Archived