joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Jan 21/22 winter storm Obs

RUNNAWAYICEBERG

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You could add a few more inches to these 10pm totals...

...PLYMOUTH COUNTY...
   ROCKLAND              12.0  1050 PM  1/21  SPOTTER
   NORWELL               11.7  1015 PM  1/21  PUBLIC
   HANOVER               11.5  1007 PM  1/21  PUBLIC
   HINGHAM               11.0  1007 PM  1/21  NONE
   ABINGTON              10.5  1023 PM  1/21  HAM RADIO
   BROCKTON              10.1   947 PM  1/21  HAM RADIO

Might be me but this is making a run at us, Might be some surprises overnight into the morning. WV looks like a more NE trend than ENE, radar returns are showing the same, ENE special?

I just woke up and peeked at the radar, nothing here, 20 miles south is still snowing with more to come in Ginxy land; enjoy!

BOX has 5" reported in Boston.

Not sure where in Boston, but Logan came in with 3.9 inches at the midnight observation.  Was sent out on the @NWSBoston twitter feed.  Haven't updated the PNS yet (as of now).

Wasn't 5 where I was standing, couldn't of been more then 3 or 4 inches. 

They canceled classes for tomorrow so I'm happy ;)

Could've had 5 inches near the water.  Noting it was a "general public" report on the PNS, so don't know how they measured it, either.

Have fun in the fluff!!!  ;)

--Turtle  

Not sure where in Boston, but Logan came in with 3.9 inches at the midnight observation.  Was sent out on the @NWSBoston twitter feed.  Haven't updated the PNS yet (as of now).

Could've had 5 inches near the water.  Noting it was a "general public" report on the PNS, so don't know how they measured it, either.

Have fun in the fluff!!!   ;)

--Turtle  

Will do! I was in the Boston Common when I checked out the snow. Didn't have anything to measure with just my hands. Definitely under 5 inches though at 1:15am.

Pretty impressive cutoff line to say the least. 2.1 in Shrewsbury? I heard of a report of 8" in Hopkinton but I am not sure about that. Seems high. We did well here. bit over 10". A friend of mine 6 miles nne of me had about 2/3 that.

I'm in Hopkinton, I'd say 4 here tops. 8? no way and I'm on the Southside of town.

Congratulations SE mass posters and scooter golden shovel award shared by Steve and messenger.

Scooter has the big shovel....looks like 15-18 with a huge gradient up to 6 ish in the Boston area to minimal 30 miles north. 18 to zilch over a 40 mile stretch.

Nice to have a decent snowpack again clean and hopefully frequently snowed on.

Nice to see the coast get smoked this time.

1-3 Saturday and 4-8 Monday?

Thanks man. This is how we keep the seasonal totals relatively close until you guys start to pull away per climo lol.

I haven't really looked at the next 2 but will now. GFS seems to have become the new go to guidance for winter storms. Nice to see.

Archived