joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Jan 21/22 winter storm Obs

RUNNAWAYICEBERG

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They should fill in though, just like last time, they play catch up towards the end. I've been on the edge of the good stuff all night pretty much too, but I'm over 8 inches now. I should pass my total of 10 from last storm.

It may be close, and I still might not hit a foot. Seeing a lot of people calling for an additional 1-3 for this area. Was hoping for a little more than that.

It's going to be close.  I'm not sure we get into the heaviest stuff 12z ish tomorrow.  I fear the same type of screw zone that formed today forming on the NW side.  The hope being by then OES is favorable for all.

It's going to be close.  I'm not sure we get into the heaviest stuff 12z ish tomorrow.  I fear the same type of screw zone that formed today forming on the NW side.  The hope being by then OES is favorable for all.

That is where the OES comes in... The OES may negate that screwzone for you while it never will in interior essex county

It's going to be close. I'm not sure we get into the heaviest stuff 12z ish tomorrow. I fear the same type of screw zone that formed today forming on the NW side. The hope being by then OES is favorable for all.

It's possible, it's going to be really close as you say. Almost wait and see.

Snow has lightened considerably in the last 10 mins.....

It's possible, it's going to be really close as you say. Almost wait and see.

Snow has lightened considerably in the last 10 mins.....

It could be a really snowy day on the Cape and in eastern MA tomorrow or we could smoke cirrus while watching a death band just off the coast ...as OE falls.

It's going to be really close.

It could be a really snowy day on the Cape and in eastern MA tomorrow or we could smoke cirrus while watching a death band just off the coast ...as OE falls.

It's going to be really close.

It's going to be tough in BOS. You look primed tomorrow though. We may be done with most accums here

Monday's clipper looks healthy on the 00z GFS tonight.  Maybe CNE can get in on the action this time too.  

11.6F / S - 

2.5" new

Monday looks great.

Many enjoying deep bliz like conditions. Next thread another day, don't want to take fanfare away from snow starved weenies of the Southshore.

It's going to be tough in BOS. You look primed tomorrow though. We may be done with most accums here

It could go a lot of ways late tonight and Wednesday.  I could see 2-5" more total or I could legitimately see 10+ additional in some areas. 

That said I lean heavily to the 2-5 and discount the NAM/4km/GFS which are with favorable ratios quite a bit better in favor of the RGEM/Euro which show most of the heavier stuff staying east of me overnight into Wednesday.  The OES situation....not really aligned all that well so we're getting cellular bands.  We needed the synoptic stuff to augment...and I'm not entirely sure we'll have a ton of that later.

Just the steady type snows that we're getting now should be enough for at least a few inches.

They should cut back up here I'm probs at 2" still in 4-6" range.

Where are you?  not near logan?

radar is putrid.  The cellular OES is probably averaging 1/3 to 1/2" per hour for most in the zones.

OKX radar heating up again off Jersey...that should slide up over at least SE MA in a few hours. The main show is on the KDOX radar and I'll say it looks terrific.....maybe even west of the 0z guidance.  but it could be my tired eyes.

All of the radars to our south look very favorable.  I guess if I were BOX i'd leave it be...middle of the night and what's the difference?  If it's breaks well it's snowing hard by 4am, if it breaks bad difference between an update now and at 4am is neglible

Radar looks good south of us for a restart after 3am

Moisture really got choked off pretty fast with the developing storm to the south...that vortmax swinging out "wide" was bad overall and why I didn't like it on the guidance this morning. It "pinches off" the moisture feed in a sense. The band was pretty awesome though preceding it.

Where are you?  not near logan?

radar is putrid.  The cellular OES is probably averaging 1/3 to 1/2" per hour for most in the zones.

OKX radar heating up again off Jersey...that should slide up over at least SE MA in a few hours. The main show is on the KDOX radar and I'll say it looks terrific.....maybe even west of the 0z guidance.  but it could be my tired eyes.

All of the radars to our south look very favorable.  I guess if I were BOX i'd leave it be...middle of the night and what's the difference?  If it's breaks well it's snowing hard by 4am, if it breaks bad difference between an update now and at 4am is neglible

Radar looks good south of us for a restart after 3am

Back in Andover. Sorry, Need to change that. I wouldn't have been whining if I was in Southie earlier. Now just up to monitor that second batch. Regardless of cancellation no classes till afternoon tomorrow.

Moisture really got choked off pretty fast with the developing storm to the south...that vortmax swinging out "wide" was bad overall and why I didn't like it on the guidance this morning. It "pinches off" the moisture feed in a sense. The band was pretty awesome though preceding it.

Yep.  GFS/NAM insistent on this moisture off Jersey extending up here, Euro had it missing...well maybe focused east of the canal out over the water.   The radar does show another lobe of moisture expanding as it moves towards me.  I don't know...I'm in agreement with you though I hated that s/w the last few runs and worse the models are TRENDING less moist with it each run.  It's quite probable that the NCEP stuff is just slowly sucking it's way to total collapse to the RGEM/Euro.

Back in Andover. Sorry, Need to change that. I wouldn't have been whining if I was in Southie earlier. Now just up to monitor that second batch. Regardless of cancellation no classes till afternoon tomorrow.

Gotcha.  This storm is underperforming for most.  A small portion of the forecasts maps may verify  in many cases if this second band fades.  Keep in mind it had almost no shot of reaching you on the 0z guidance. 

Yep.  GFS/NAM insistent on this moisture off Jersey extending up here, Euro had it missing...well maybe focused east of the canal out over the water.   The radar does show another lobe of moisture expanding as it moves towards me.  I don't know...I'm in agreement with you though I hated that s/w the last few runs and worse the models are TRENDING less moist with it each run.  It's quite probable that the NCEP stuff is just slowly sucking it's way to total collapse to the RGEM/Euro.

Gotcha.  This storm is underperforming for most.  A small portion of the forecasts maps may verify  in many cases if this second band fades.  Keep in mind it had almost no shot of reaching you on the 0z guidance. 

messenger... 17k. congrats

Archived