Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Jan 21/22 winter storm Obs

RUNNAWAYICEBERG

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yes and I agree DOX looks nice. Now I have to worry about work down in SECT, first time all storm wind is starting to crank, you probably get smoked overnight. I got the feeling you lick the CCB

It'll be interesting to see if the RAP picks up on anything in the next few runs.

We are getting substantial snows here again now.

Moisture really got choked off pretty fast with the developing storm to the south...that vortmax swinging out "wide" was bad overall and why I didn't like it on the guidance this morning. It "pinches off" the moisture feed in a sense. The band was pretty awesome though preceding it.

It seems like the transition to a coastal actually hurt us as the second piece was tracking ENE in the progressive flow. Once that coastal developed, returns collapsed towards the Delmarva/Tidewater area and only intensified there. Without blocking, the vort and associated surface low will escape to the Atlantic. Is this true?

Interior areas screwed again. Central Park has 11" officially while northern Westchester got 4" and our place in the Poconos saw not a flake. Philly gets its third 6" storm of the year while there's hardly enough snow to ski in northern VT. What is going on? Why has the pattern since 09-10 favored the coast do overwhelmingly and especially NYC?

11+"

Looks like that will be about it.  Definitely not a 7:00a.m. stop time with this. Probably finished within the hour or so here.  Roads will be clear, and kids will undoubtedly have school later today.

Congrats!  What an amazing gradient...

Currently 5 degrees here.

Congrats to all who did well. 2.1" here and not too far west...nada. I'll take the refresher but, yikes pretty major bust for NWS.

Pretty impressive cutoff line to say the least. 2.1 in Shrewsbury? I heard of a report of 8" in Hopkinton but I am not sure about that. Seems high. We did well here. bit over 10". A friend of mine 6 miles nne of me had about 2/3 that.

Pretty impressive cutoff line to say the least. 2.1 in Shrewsbury? I heard of a report of 8" in Hopkinton but I am not sure about that. Seems high. We did well here. bit over 10". A friend of mine 6 miles nne of me had about 2/3 that.

Yeah cutoff was very impressive. Even Auburn S of here but actually slightly west reported over 3". I wouldn't be surprised if east side of Shrewsbury even had 3", that's how close it is. I'm right near worcester border. I'm not sure about the 8" in Hopkington, seems high. It's only about about 15 miles ESE of here so that would be insane honestly. I could see 5" but 8? I'd be shocked...

Yeah cutoff was very impressive. Even Auburn S of here but actually slightly west reported over 3". I wouldn't be surprised if east side of Shrewsbury even had 3", that's how close it is. I'm right near worcester border. I'm not sure about the 8" in Hopkington, seems high. It's only about about 15 miles ESE of here so that would be insane honestly. I could see 5" but 8? I'd be shocked...

Crazy stuff. Fascinating really....Yeah I could see the e side of Shrewsbury having that. I saw the 8 inches in Hopkinton and laughed. Don't think it is reliable. We lucked out here. I live in the south center of Franklin and I could see south side of town near Sheldonville having a foot and N side of town by Medway having 6. Never seen one such tight gradient over my head lol. 

Archived