Newest Member
    joxey
Jan 21/22 winter storm Obs

RUNNAWAYICEBERG

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fair enough, Scott.

Thanks for not getting frustrated because I am...plus need sleep.

That explains why this always happens.....I guess I was right for the wrong reason.

I get it.

Anytime man. You got it....and OE probably does contribute a bit to what you described. 

This whole thing is luck, man. You know it's a matter of time before I drive through the CF by rt 129 heading south on 93...and then contemplate a swan dive off the Bunker Hill bridge. You are going to have chances over the next 10-15 days no doubt.

I saw a sander. #whyasanderfor0.25"

I posted earlier that they sanded main roads in Greenfield around 7pm?!?  and still not a flake has fallen.  I'd have fun with an editorial letter to the local paper but my wife works in a county position and would not be happy if I bad mouth the new dpw head. lol

Does road salt even work when it's single digit temps?

I don't know if I agree... OES is not the problem

Its going to magnify the problem by an additional several inches though... It all adds up to a very large problem just north. It was shown that the ML is the big issue with this, but the OE can't be helping the situation wrt to the haves and have nots...

I've been in many a les event and these huge flakes with nothing but air is a dead ringer. Nathless, it's a nice event with all the attendant sunrises when we meso it up.

Very happy for ginxy and messenger......very happy. And happy for the enhanced snow cover for most of us as this frigid pattern rolls.

Enjoy every minute of it.  Do you keep running outside?  That's usually my m.o. 

Funny you should ask.  For the past 5 winters my son and I pick a storm that we think will be cold and good snow, and do laps around the yard in just our shorts and bare feet.  Tonight was the storm. Ran around and then scared my wife and daughter through the living room window.   Was freaking cold.

... My son cut his foot on the shell of a nut.

Funny you should ask.  For the past 5 winters my son and I pick a storm that we think will be cold and good snow, and do laps around the yard in just our shorts and bare feet.  Tonight was the storm. Ran around and then scared my wife and daughter through the living room window.   Was freaking cold.

lmao....awesome father/son quality time.

I've been in many a les event and these huge flakes with nothing but air is a dead ringer. Nathless, it's a nice event with all the attendant sunrises when we meso it up.

Very happy for ginxy and messenger......very happy. And happy for the enhanced snow cover for most of us as this frigid pattern rolls.

Honestly the best part of this storm is the fact that it means we won't be looking at bare ground as we freeze the next couple days. I really dread prolonged cold with bare ground...so pointless.

LOL.  Awesome!

Archived