joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Jan 21/22 winter storm Obs

RUNNAWAYICEBERG

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I must say I feel a bit like a weenie for doubting ratios and the NW extend of the banding earlier today. Think this played out just about as forecast in CT...aside from maybe a few losers in the NW.

kick em some more while they're down.

Well I feel bad for them...but not that bad. They get to cash in plenty when I'm watching rain melt away my fresh snowpack. In fact they should do well with some squalls over the weekend while I'm glued to the window watching for a few stray flakes. Everyone has to swallow a bitter pill now and then.

GFS 700 vv's were good...but it should be noted that contrary to what was coming out of Winter Warlocks PR office earlier, if anything it continues to run too far NW with the precip.  It trimmed back the max area again to the SE this run. It still insists that the cape and extreme SE MA get hit most of the night, but is it still too far NW?

Funny you should ask.  For the past 5 winters my son and I pick a storm that we think will be cold and good snow, and do laps around the yard in just our shorts and bare feet.  Tonight was the storm. Ran around and then scared my wife and daughter through the living room window.   Was freaking cold.

... My son cut his foot on the shell of a nut.

I was just thinking of doing the same thing. Oh wait, no, actually, not even for a minute. Enjoy it however you like....

Well I feel bad for them...but not that bad. They get to cash in plenty when I'm watching rain melt away my fresh snowpack. In fact they should do well with some squalls over the weekend while I'm glued to the window watching for a few stray flakes. Everyone has to swallow a bitter pill now and then.

no worries for melting packs now.... :ski:

Archived