joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
1/21 Clipper that's not a Clipper Thread

DDweatherman

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not even worried about the euro tbh. With a small system and quick deepening I think the short range models have it better resolved already. And the gfs trended right in. Gfs has been a rock for days showing this one being a decent possibility at something. I've done enough model watching this year to conclude the euro op has lost some luster.

Odds of the euro making a good move tonight are high. And it will be a gradual step as always.

agreed...Im honestly not concerned much either...but it is a good check on expectations...nothing is a lock to me

agreed...Im honestly not concerned much either...but it is a good check on expectations...nothing is a lock to me

At this point of 1,000 days of disappointment and despair in our weird hobby....locks only happen after I'm done shoveling

I think the upside potential at this point is maybe 5 or 6 tops for a lucky few (not me). Downside appears an inch for all. Not a bad place to be. And its cold for once! Wow, that is something in itself.

It should, then washes out the h5 energy. Lets have matt say the NAM is laughable, because it has no consistency... and he's right. 

which makes no sense since there is nothing on its tale or near it like that last 2-3 ones

http://mag.ncep.noaa.gov/Image.php?image=data%2Fnam%2F00%2Fnam_namer_042_500_vort_ht.gif&model=nam&area=namer&storm=&cycle=00&param=500_vort_ht&fhr=042&group=Model+Guidance&imageSize=M&scrollx=0&scrolly=0

Probably upper limit of 15:1.

One of the few things overhyped more than ice around here are ratios. They are rarely as good as expected.

One caveat this time is that those upper air temps are really cold. I don't know why it matters though. It's the same amount of snow regardless of ratio. My 7" on 1/30/10 was 3 by the next morning.

Sometimes being on the "QPF edge" isn't a bad thing in these setups with excellent divergence aloft and low-mid level convergence (in very cold temps, no less).

As for a "kicker," I'd be careful with saying there's no kicker. The player of interest is more at the 700mb layer which is well ahead of the 500mb vort max.

Archived