joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
1/21 Clipper that's not a Clipper Thread

DDweatherman

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

JMA gives us .2 - .25" liquid with the clipper. Not even trying to be a weenie, but I think the Euro is too low with it's qpf. It's been a trend with these systems and I think it'll up it on tonight's 00z runs. Plus the Euro seems to be lowest with the QPF compared to most models.

DT honking that no one , and he means no one has snow in their forecast for Tues.  LWX has had it in their forecast for here since yesterday. 

We've been talking about it here granted it looks better than it did a day ago but there has always been a clipper.  He's also onto something for the weekend (I think).  I don't see it unless he is talking about the next clipper sometime late Sunday or early Monday.   I could see that possibility but still no big storm. 

JMA gives us .2 - .25" liquid with the clipper. Not even trying to be a weenie, but I think the Euro is too low with it's qpf. It's been a trend with these systems and I think it'll up it on tonight's 00z runs. Plus the Euro seems to be lowest with the QPF compared to most models.

It could be a little low. Many times the Euro will bump up a bit right before the event. Euro also seems to have a shorter duration with the precip. Right now .10 area wide looks like a good bet. Anything over .20 as now looks to be pushing it.

Is that model missing a parameter or ingesting an extra one? How and why does it do that every time. It's like the Ji of models.

it might have been created just to make fun of. But I'm rooting for it on this one.

Yep but I'd rather than than have it show nothing.  It will get me to watch the GFS this afternoon.   It's interesting that about 4 of the sref solutions were similar.  I blew off but something in between the NAm and this morning's GFS is possible. 

NAM has a 0.5" contour like 20 miles to your south...congrats on your 5" again ;)

Archived