joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
1/21 Clipper that's not a Clipper Thread

DDweatherman

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I keep hearing two different things on ratios, I've heard that it's one of the great myths, we never get good ratios, then I hear people saying 15-1 ratios are a good bet. Are ratios just hard to predict?

For a major storm,  ratios generally are in the between 10 and 13 to 1 as long as you are below freezing.    Fore clippers it usually is above 15 since you don't have much cloud water and don't have riming.   If you primarily get dendrites they can be higher.  I'll probalby use 15-1 tomorrow in any forecast I do. 

Whether the nam is right, wrong, or onto something....it will be forgotten faster than milli vanilli in about 30 mins.

Considering the nature of this system we are already seriously maximizing potential even with the nam run. Very few of us even believed in it 3 days ago.

Speak for yourself, I still have fond memories of both milli and vanilli, especially the one that died, although I'm not sure if that was vanilli or milli

Whether the nam is right, wrong, or onto something....it will be forgotten faster than milli vanilli in about 30 mins.

Considering the nature of this system we are already seriously maximizing potential even with the nam run. Very few of us even believed in it 3 days ago.

Lol! Nice one...I surely hope we can score an inch or two; after seeing the models and reading the analysis I will allow myself a small amount of optimism.

RGEM is the new NAM when it comes to going nuts.

It is but is also is saying that minor perturbations might make a pretty big difference on what happens with this storm.  I keep remembering that the same type of gyrations were occurring prior to my 5 inch storm earlier this month.  I wouldn't get too excited by the NAM or RGEM. 

It is but is also is saying that minor perturbations might make a pretty big difference on what happens with this storm.  I keep remembering that the same type of gyrations were occurring prior to my 5 inch storm earlier this month.  I wouldn't get too excited by the NAM or RGEM. 

he!!, I am!    lolo

I said RGEM would have snow falling still at 48 hrs. and here's the map to prove it

c36_100.gif

Archived