joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Jan 21 Event

Poimen

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Starting to believe it might actually snow here tonight, most models now seem to want to give this area generally 1-3" which isnt bad all things considered. Interesting to see the SW keep digging further south on the models if it goes another 50-75 miles it could really end up being a decent event over central and eastern NC.

I'm with you. If I was on "Lets Make A Deal" I would take 1" of snow and not look behind the curtain.

LOL this.....I like these setups almost more than the big dog cause I am not emotionally invested in getting a bunch of snow..... we get a dusting to a inch and I consider this system a win, I wont be surprised if we get nothing. Anything over 1" is butter.

LOL this.....I like these setups almost more than the big dog cause I am not emotionally invested in getting a bunch of snow..... we get a dusting to a inch and I consider this system a win, I wont be surprised if we get nothing. Anything over 1" is butter.

I'm with you and Falls too--I'll gladly take an inch anything more is icing on the cake.

33.6 dp 33. Was hoping to see the dew point a little lower. Disc are you similar dp wise? I see my temp up in the county is a little cooler. Winds are straight out of the north so that should help us.

34.7/32 on my station. Was hoping we'd be at or below freezing, but atleast its snowing and the radar appears to be filling in to the west.

Interesting- there seems to be a bit of a back door front laid out across CLT right now- winds NE on one side (30's and 40's), W or SW on the other (40's and 50's); field of NE winds extend all the way up to MD/PA.  Don't know if it is going to have that much bearing for later on today, but it seems to be pulling in slightly cooler air from the north......

Correction, congrats east of Raleigh, doubt we see anymore than a dusting. Don't believe Matt's RPM model run, ain't happening.

Yeah, historically Raleigh seems to be the western most point that benefits from redeveloping clippers.  I'd agree, usually the MOST benefit goes further east....probably this storm as well.

6z NAM for KRDU. Impressive for a lil clipper.

18 01/22 00Z   33     31     353      17    0.07  0.01    527    531   -2.7 -28.0 1004 100 TSSN  005OVC131    0.8    2.2

Archived