joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Jan 21 Event

Poimen

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Even when something ridiculously improbable happens, it's still bad.

We get a MASSIVE shift south right before gametime, but it dries up the precip for southern VA/northern NC.

At this rate, you can draw a 'U' from WV, through CLT, down to Myrtle Beach, back up the NC/VA coast, then put a stripe on top going through DCA/BWI/NYC.

I love weather in the lee!

I think its a good trend really. More people in nc may get snow then confined to central and eastern areas from a longer band on the backside of the 850.

Considering the proximity of the h7 and 850 to the Atlantic ocean the qpf amounts could be off considering there is a onshore easterly and north easterly flow wrapping around both the 850 and h7 low. Trends people trends.

On the latest Hi-Res NAM, that vort max at 500 mb is so much further south than expected.  I like being on the NW side of that.  Too bad it doesn't quite go negative tilt.

rpTr0Tn.gif

It results in precipitation in the lee of the Apps that has been absent on prior runs.  This run portrays a different animal from the typical clipper-type storm.

fHZGgeA.gif

Been lurking all day just hadn't posted yet that 500 vort track was sweet and then the surface comes up and I look around the room and say huh?? I don't think it would be an initialization error maybe convective feedback but idk just odd hopefully well wake up tomorrow and the rap will show us some loveliness.

Based off the meteograms, the 00Z Hi-Res NAM gives these outputs:

Hickory:                     0.5 inch snow

Charlotte:                  0.9 inch

Greensboro:              0.5 inch

Winston-Salem:         0.5 inch

Raleigh-Durham:         0.7 inch

Asheville:                  0.0 inch

Wilmington:               0.1 inch

I don't know anymore airport codes...

Been lurking all day just hadn't posted yet that 500 vort track was sweet and then the surface comes up and I look around the room and say huh?? I don't think it would be an initialization error maybe convective feedback but idk just odd hopefully well wake up tomorrow and the rap will show us some loveliness.

As Windre mentioned earlier it splits the vort, taking a weaker parcel up through south central VA, while the main package holds together trekking the NC/SC boarder.  Precip responded accordingly, with a min in central NC through south central VA, enhancement from CLT to FAY up towards RWI.  Unsure if it is correct, RAP does support the core of the H5 energy coming in a little south and well consolidated, passing near GSP.  Doubt the GFS will have a handle given the coarser res, RGEM may hold some clues.  Then again, this could just be a feedback issue with the higher res mesos attempting to interpret small scale interactions, which the globals tend to smooth out.

As Windre mentioned earlier it splits the vort, taking a weaker parcel up through south central VA, while the main package holds together trekking the NC/SC boarder.  Precip responded accordingly, with a min in central NC through south central VA, enhancement from CLT to FAY up towards RWI.  Unsure if it is correct, RAP does support the core of the H5 energy coming in a little south and well consolidated, passing near GSP.  Doubt the GFS will have a handle given the coarser res, RGEM may hold some clues.  Then again, this could just be a feedback issue with the higher res mesos attempting to interpret small scale interactions, which the globals tend to smooth out.

Latest RAP has a small piece of energy below the main parcel. Looks wetter on simulated radar to the south and west as well. Who knows if that actually verifies but looks like it would be an even better twin. 

By the way, I'm not in the business of making any forecasts or predictions with those posts above.  I'm just gathering information and posting for interested parties.  Strictly regurgitating model output here, folks.  I'm not trying to raise anyone's hopes or crush anyone's dreams.  You each get to choose what type of emotional response any of this information may illicit and how heavily you choose to weigh it in your on minds.  Throw it out?  Fine with me.  Hug it?  That's okay too.  Just be prepared for whatever ride your emotions might take you on.  I love the weather!  :)

Wow, that almost looks like a line of storms.

Yeah, that hour-24 panel really does.

High of 44 is forecasted by GSP for the Hickory area.  I would imagine that would be relatively early on, too.  But, man, it's still quite warm outside.  41.5 IMBY currently.

I'm 37 but way out in the countryside under clear skies. This thing is bringing it's on cold air, but it be would another+ if we don't have to waist our .10 cooling the atmosphere top/down even though it will only take about 5 minutes if you can get steady precip rates.

Archived