Newest Member
    e46ds1x
January Banter Banter Thread Part2

H2O

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

looks about right for MD

Yeah it does-- there's no 2" interval, so 1-3" as the range looks about right for school closures in MD and NoVA. The ones up north don't look accurate anymore. Southern NY, CT, and MA school districts seem to have gotten more liberal in closing schools lately. I'm pretty sure a 6-8" storm, as long as it happened in a short amount of time, would close schools there nowadays. 

No way up north. Maybe decades ago, but I would shift the categories up one at least. I could see 6" closing schools in MN depending on time of day. People are more cautious now, and many areas have a more dense population.

My wrist is fine, but I'm afraid I tore something in my shoulder (also from working out). I was ignoring it mostly but the pain is pretty bad so I finally sucked it up and had it looked at. Waiting to hear the results of the MRI but I've already got an appointment with an orthopedic next week. Yay.

My wrist is fine, but I'm afraid I tore something in my shoulder (also from working out). I was ignoring it mostly but the pain is pretty bad so I finally sucked it up and had it looked at. Waiting to hear the results of the MRI but I've already got an appointment with an orthopedic next week. Yay.

Sorry to hear that, hope everything turns out well.

Schools should continue to split the year in half, but shift the breaks to make them more equal. The year round school schedule that is used in some parts of the country (San Diego, for example) appears to work fine.

Schools start the first week in September. Winter break is a few days before Christmas Eve. Schools start up again at the end of January. Summer break starts the 3rd week of July. 

Bummmer.  I used to have shoulder problems from swimming.  Sucks, it'd hurt just swinging my arms walking/running and such. 

Archived