• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
January Banter Banter Thread Part2

H2O

Schools should continue to split the year in half, but shift the breaks to make them more equal. The year round school schedule that is used in some parts of the country (San Diego, for example) appears to work fine.

Schools start the first week in September. Winter break is a few days before Christmas Eve. Schools start up again at the end of January. Summer break starts the 3rd week of July. 

That actually sounds reasonable....therefore will never be used.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bummmer.  I used to have shoulder problems from swimming.  Sucks, it'd hurt just swinging my arms walking/running and such.

Yeah, I can't pick up the kiddo with my left arm, or hell even push myself out of bed. Anyways, I'll be in Columbia Tuesday, going to UMD medical center

My wrist is fine, but I'm afraid I tore something in my shoulder (also from working out). I was ignoring it mostly but the pain is pretty bad so I finally sucked it up and had it looked at. Waiting to hear the results of the MRI but I've already got an appointment with an orthopedic next week. Yay.

Might be a torn labrum. See if a couple of cortisone shots over the next few months will give it a chance to heal. And if doing s specific motion causes a clicking, avoid that movement at all costs for a few weeks.

Hang in there hon!

Schools should continue to split the year in half, but shift the breaks to make them more equal. The year round school schedule that is used in some parts of the country (San Diego, for example) appears to work fine.

Schools start the first week in September. Winter break is a few days before Christmas Eve. Schools start up again at the end of January. Summer break starts the 3rd week of July. 

This sounds perfect!

That actually sounds reasonable....therefore will never be used.

Ditto to what he said. 

funny how it was zero  and dry today and loudoun was opened but two weeks ago when it was dry and 2...it closed

It won't be funny when they start finding kids without jackets frozen stiff like popsicles on the corners of neighborhoods just like yours, never having found safety on the bus that one last time...

My wrist is fine, but I'm afraid I tore something in my shoulder (also from working out). I was ignoring it mostly but the pain is pretty bad so I finally sucked it up and had it looked at. Waiting to hear the results of the MRI but I've already got an appointment with an orthopedic next week. Yay.

Hang in there.  Have had shoulder issues as well.  8 months PT.  Ugh.  Wishing you well.

OMG... I have had too many people come to me and ask about the 2+ feet of snow we're getting next week...

My mom just called about the same thing

I'd say lets do lunch. but, work and all. You a righty or a lefty?

Lefty, which makes it even worse. And it wasn't a pain that happened at the time I injured it, it came on gradually, which makes me think it's possibly my rotator cuff. But who knows, it's just painful, swollen and making my life miserable since doing even basic functions like getting dressed, reaching for something in a cabinet and even just sitting here at work hurts like a b**ch

My mom just called about the same thing

Lefty, which makes it even worse. And it wasn't a pain that happened at the time I injured it, it came on gradually, which makes me think it's possibly my rotator cuff. But who knows, it's just painful, swollen and making my life miserable since doing even basic functions like getting dressed, reaching for something in a cabinet and even just sitting here at work hurts like a b**ch

I had the same pain in my shoulder.  Funny thing happened:  I'm incredibly allergic to yellow jackets.  About two years ago I was stung in the face and went directly to the emergency room.  They gave me two shots:  one in my butt to counteract the allergic reaction and a steroid shot in my shoulder for the swelling.  My shoulder hasn't hurt since.  I'm sure if the doctors knew they accidentally cured two problems they would back-charge me!  Keep it quiet :lmao:

Archived