amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
Biggest Storm of 2014 Nowcast/Obs/Disco

Bob Chill

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

RGEM seems to have nailed it.  It was consistently bullish the last few days.  The others were waffling run to run.

Yup people made constant fun of it but it really nailed it. It had 4-6" for me and it will verify at the top end. No other model had anything close to that for me especially when it had those totals yesterday morning.

Yup people made constant fun of it but it really nailed it. It had 4-6" for me and it will verify at the top end. No other model had anything close to that for me especially when it had those totals yesterday morning.

I said it (and it's there)...my favorite short range model this year

our consolation prize to NE's bliz is they get heavy rain Sunday night into Monday and temps near 50 while we get some light rain, low 40's and an arctic snow front worth about an inch per GFS before frigid air moves in; they seem to lose out on any arctic frontal snows too

EDIT: looks like GFS does put us into the upper 40's on the 0z run...oh well, it is the MA

5.5" here.  Still snowing and getting breezy.

Just measured in 6 places and i have 5.9" and it is still snowing decently. I should end with a minimum of 6.5", what a sweet storm. Enjoy it, i think i am taking off work tomorrow because it will take me 3 hours to get to work with the drivers in Pikesville.

Just measured 4 spots. Got 4 inches with no slantstick. Biggest storm since Jan 2011. Wind picking up. Gonna look like Alaska tundra tomorrow am

I'm so happy and relieved. It does snow here dammit

Congrats, your 120 hours of model watching this week have finally paid off. Now go do a Jebwalk before it gets to cold and windy.

Archived