12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Biggest Storm of 2014 Nowcast/Obs/Disco

Bob Chill

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At least 2 inches of fresh snow, from a storm that I doubted I would see a cartop coating. What an overperformer. Biggest snow of the 2013-2014 season so far. 5 inches on the season. It's getting breezy, a frigid arctic airmass is about to slam hard into the DCA region overnight. 31 degrees with a 30 dewpoint.

Another 6" storm, that's awesome, especially for a Miller B.

To hell with all the negativity here, this is turning out to be a great winter especially for the northern MD crowd.

Yes i will be at almost 16" when this storm ends. Pretty damn impressive for Jan 2nd. I will only be 8" shy of my average. It is way above my expectations.

Lol BWI only 2", i cannot believe the spotter travels between DCA and BWI so frequently to get these measurements.

that is plain wrong

I have between 4.5 and 5"

BWI measurements are wayyyy too conservative ever since they got caught measuring wrong in the 12/19/09 storm

plus, I don't care what anyone says so don't waste your breath mets....agenda

31/31, -SN, 2.25"

That grainy snow in the super light returns is much more impressive than radar presentation and it will aggregate.....prob final total, but hoping for another showery band

Nice Matt. Maybe a quick sugar coating with that band near Hancock, Md a bit later on. You did pretty well considering what you were thinking earlier.

that is plain wrong

BWI measurements are wayyyy too conservative ever since they got caught measuring wrong in the 12/19/09 storm

BWI will end up with more than that lol...they had 1.5" at 7pm....when have their measurements been off this winter?

that is plain wrong

Yeah, there's no way they have just 2 inches.

Got some breezes and snow grains starting to come in bursts. Down to 27 now. So awesome outside.

Matt, this final burst was prog'd to come through and push down to the northern neck. I've been super skeptical but I picked up 1.25 after the early heavy rates. Lucky high ratio inch?

Archived