• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
Jan 2-3 Big Snow Threat , Part 3

weathafella

You have to wonder if that area up around Sailsbury, Newburyport, and Amesbury..near the coast in extreme ne MA may be one of the winners.

Avoid the dry slut, and get some oes contributions in round 2 with the coastal.

think the question for those areas is how long the flow remains NE as opposed to N. sometimes when these things are late in the development stage the low level flow bends around relatively quickly. 

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought they looked similar to 6z overall here.

For here they are but there's a notable SE tick vs 6z in the 72 hr accum.   .75 was in VT, through most of western MA and west central CT.   12z central CT, just west of ORH up into NH.  Like I said notable only in that it may have come a bit more into line with the middle solutions in pin pointing the hardest hit areas.

Very little/negligible change over our areas.

I like the 8-12" nod to northern Tolland County though.

The snow is one aspect but I think another aspect of this storm is the cold.  The combination of cold and snow and potential for double digits below zero here on Saturday morning are what I am watching. 

NCEP has low confidence but favored the 12z GFS....I think they're not biting on the 0z Euro either

12Z MODEL EVALUATION...INCLUDING THE NAM AND GFS

NO SIGNIFICANT INITIALIZATION ERRORS WERE SEEN ON THE NAM OR GFS
IMPACTING THE SHORT RANGE FORECAST.

...ARCTIC COLD FRONT AND COASTAL LOW AFFECTING THE EASTERN U.S...

PREFERENCE: 12Z GFS
CONFIDENCE: BELOW AVERAGE

think the question for those areas is how long the flow remains NE as opposed to N. sometimes when these things are late in the development stage the low level flow bends around relatively quickly. 

Excellent point.

My final call for jackpot:

KBEV 15"

S Weymouth to Brockton- 15"

Someone in s NH will prob see a foot from fronto.

8-12" range mby....gun-to-weenie- 10".

The snow is one aspect but I think another aspect of this storm is the cold. The combination of cold and snow and potential for double digits below zero here on Saturday morning are what I am watching.

I could see -10 to -14 or so imby. Not too shabby.

The snow is one aspect but I think another aspect of this storm is the cold.  The combination of cold and snow and potential for double digits below zero here on Saturday morning are what I am watching. 

Sure, but I personally don't see many towns in CT getting 10"+, do you?  6-10" is a great call for the state as a whole, maybe a select few towns get a few more.

Sure, but I personally don't see many towns in CT getting 10"+, do you?  6-10" is a great call for the state as a whole, maybe a select few towns get a few more.

Yeah there's always going to be lollis....and hopefully people understand that unless it's widespread, it realyl doesn't undermine a forecast.

ugh...it never ever gets any easier.............I have really been studying the ku books and the pattern seems to go as far back as their tracking of storms in ten year intervals (1900). 

and it really doesn't seem to matter the set up it seems. I am really worried about the waa stuff though

I'm sure you'd see similar patterns in the Hudson Valley and Champlain Valley.  Nature of the beast.

remember all the dry slot calls for CT that ended in someone's back yard last time? Yes there will be one, who gets it tbd

There it is, apparently because it's discussed, I'm taking away someones snow.  Why can't we discuss what models show?  Because it's voodoo around here to discuss negatives.  Reality can't be discussed.  Did you miss my post and the one by Will and OceanStwx?  There will be a dryslot.  Looks like everyone S of the MA Pike will likely be impacted by it based on modeling.

I think a lot or people across Connecticut Rhode Island and mass get it.

I see it as more of a lull before the coastal gets going really

There is the issue, it's not a dry slot in the standard approach more two different processes in a developing storm, someone who benefits from no lull will get smoked.

I'd like to see that happen near s RI.

BDR/HVN, please.

NCEP has low confidence but favored the 12z GFS....I think they're not biting on the 0z Euro either

12Z MODEL EVALUATION...INCLUDING THE NAM AND GFS

NO SIGNIFICANT INITIALIZATION ERRORS WERE SEEN ON THE NAM OR GFS

IMPACTING THE SHORT RANGE FORECAST.

...ARCTIC COLD FRONT AND COASTAL LOW AFFECTING THE EASTERN U.S...

PREFERENCE: 12Z GFS

CONFIDENCE: BELOW AVERAGE

LOL--below average confidence at this time frame is a little disconcerting.

I could see -10 to -14 or so imby. Not too shabby.

Good luck with that.  I'm riding 6-10 for now.

There it is, apparently because it's discussed, I'm taking away someones snow. Why can't we discuss what models show? Because it's voodoo around here to discuss negatives. Reality can't be discussed. Did you miss my post and the one by Will and OceanStwx? There will be a dryslot. Looks like everyone S of the MA Pike will likely be impacted by it based on modeling.

wth are you talking about?

Archived