• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
Jan 2-3 Big Snow Threat , Part 3

weathafella

If someone gets a 14-18" lolli...its going to be somewhere that gets OES enhancement I think...it could be one of those storms where a jackpot spot gets 8" more than a spot within 20 miles. North Shore looks good too for a time before the BL goes more northerly.

I would think so.  TBH based on most of the progs I think we would see lollis to at least that amount but it's far too early to forecast/plan that. Even with the Euro troubles this year I'd still put it ahead of the others, really need to see it rebound here today to be confident.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would think so.  TBH based on most of the progs I think we would see lollis to at least that amount but it's far too early to forecast/plan that. Even with the Euro troubles this year I'd still put it ahead of the others, really need to see it rebound here today to be confident.

Euro definitely bothers me for really hammering the higher totals....but hopefully 12z sheds some light. The other guidance at 12z hasn't really backed down. Ukie ramped up too at 12z.

Can you explain what the colors represent?

They represent frontogenesis, the warmer the color the stronger it is. So the NAM and GFS max out their color scales, the Euro suffers from resolution issues on our displays so appears relatively weaker (I have no doubt in reality it is similar to the Americans).

I could see W ORH county and into CT River valley getting a bit of screwjie if the WAA snows lift north and then the other stuff is mostly along the east slope and eastern MA. Too early to tell though right now.

Nothing new about that here.

I sure didn't. We said toss. But you and some others thought it was correct

And what are the voices telling you now?

NAM backs off a little, Euro ramps up a little and we might have a nice little consensus. Although the GFS is most bullish for us on the northern side of things. 0.60" well into NH and SW ME.

And what are the voices telling you now?

NAM backs off a little, Euro ramps up a little and we might have a nice little consensus. Although the GFS is most bullish for us on the northern side of things. 0.60" well into NH and SW ME.

Why is this so hard for some to comprehend?  The 06z NAM was a clear outlier.  The 09z SREFs, as far as I know, are based off that, so we should see the 15z SREFs come back down some as well.

Archived