• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Jan 2-3 Big Snow Threat , Part 3

weathafella

Looks like a slightly juicier version of the EC QPF distribution now with the E MA jackpot and a secondary max around ALB.

Would love to have seen the 1.25"+ stuff verify but that was highly unlikely. I think .8-.9" is the tops out of this. Still gives an 8-14" range of snowfall in eastern areas using a 12:1/15:1 ratio. Caveat could be the OE enhancement along the coast in the favored areas. That's why I picked the South Shore back to Brockton as the "jackpot". Could be 2-3" of pure fluff there with 20:1 ratios.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Aside from everything else. Starting to think the WAA snows further north are going to help out those folks not really getting into the meat of the storm off the water. 

May end up being the main show here. Ill take it though. May take some people by suprise some people tomorrow. I think it could be a decent band across SNH/N MA.

Aside from everything else. Starting to think the WAA snows further north are going to help out those folks not really getting into the meat of the storm off the water. 

I can't believe it---Scott echoing my comments from the last 12 hours.  I should go away more often, maybe I'm beginning to see things more clearly.

Flurries now....funny that we've had flakes in the air for the last 2 hours.  Must be some great ratios since there's no precip in the forecast  :)

every freakin' model run we go through this bs. can we go just one model run not bashing a model? just pointing out what it shows good and/or bad. take those posts to the banter thread.

Hilarious to see the same models get lauded and then bashed run to run. If it doesn't give what some want, there's a problem with it. haha

I think it doesn't have a clue, even if the eventual QPF matches the Euro

NAM is fine this run.  The BZ is getting bumped by the first wave which now misses.  Much like the Euro.  That leaves a naked second low to stir up it's own moisture.  The best transport from that is going to be closer to the coast and where it's enhanced by the terrain.

We've all known this all along. When the GFS backs down what's everyone going to use the JMA?

It would appear to me that if overrunning is more Pike to SNH deal and "coastal thing" is more emass enhancement, then some areas maybe 2-3 /spot 4 in ct. This is just discussion and my opinion but long duration light snows.

With 3-5 pike to snh thru thurs 5pm , then i could see another general 2-4 orh east with 5-10 in enhanced areas cape Ann, s coast. Etc.

With the positive trends at 5h mets what is screwing up the surface, a lead wave going seaward?

NAM is fine this run. The BZ is getting bumped by the first wave which now misses. Much like the Euro. That leaves a naked second low to stir up it's own moisture. The best transport from that is going to be closer to the coast and where it's enhanced by the terrain.

We've all known this all along. When the GFS backs down what's everyone going to use the JMA?

I disagree, still see feedback, spread that qpf out.

I disagree, still see feedback, spread that qpf out.

If this were a normal one banger sure but it isn't and has never been modeled as....

The BZ is getting bumped initially pretty far offshore as a second low SLOWLY develops.    Earlier non Euro models were overdone.  Something got in there that was bad and they IMO were too strong aloft.

Nice storm but it is what it is.  Good ratios, not epic QPF unless you're in a favored area.

Archived