joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Jan 2-3 Big Snow Threat , Part 3

weathafella

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tip was wasted last nite  with the "guys" drinking bubbly thru interlocking arms and made a reference that I look like Billy Joel

We couldn't look more dissimiliar.

Huge 12 z runs today. Absolutely monsters

Funny.  He actually does look a lot like my boss.

As far as the 12z runs go, I'm not sure they'll be monsters, but hopefully they'll be moisters.  Recent evolution says yes, but whether it continues/reverses/steady-states, we'll be learning soon enough. I'm glad to see that CT/RI sucker hole seems to have disappeared!

Btv wrf has been consistent with showing large qpf totals for the S SHORE.

This model shows overrunning beginning around midnite and encompassing all of sne by say 4/5 am then lasting thru day, it shows a MONSTER coastal front developing tomm eve and tightening.

Verbatim , early tomm nite is has 30 in S weymouth and 10 in Wayland, upper 20's cape Ann, single numbers for ray. The cf is set up decently east and Even east of CF snow is main precip type. But wow does essex county and adjacent cities/towns look to cash in ...i.e reading/ medford/ allston .

Qpf jackpot is plympton/plymouth and another max near Hanover/S weymouth/randolph . Both in excess of 1.70 . E mass has 1.25 from say 95 in essex down thru above mentioned towns (reading/medford..etc) and generally .6-.9 for most else. Should mention Beverly to Ipswich on east has 1.5-1.75 as well.

Could be power issues E side of coastal front w hvy wet snow the Ptype, scituate ,marshfield and coastal pym, get ready.

The 12km version is similiar w qpf distribution amd start times but toned down 20-25%. E mass .75+ 128 east 1.25 Cape Ann to e pym county and cape (+) bos /s.shore 1--1.25

I honestly think this is a system where scott gets at least half more than kev and ray. I think there is a significant gradient that sets up between (reverse gradient) if u will (as CURRently modeled) 495 and bos/n shore /s shore.

Beverly And S.Weymouth down thru Middleboro /Plympton look prime for a foot , perhaps a shade more depending on model trends and cold conveyer transport

I honestly think this is a system where scott gets at least half more than kev and ray. I think there is a significant gradient that sets up between (reverse gradient) if u will (as CURRently modeled) 495 and bos/n shore /s shore.

Beverly And S.Weymouth down thru Middleboro /Plympton look prime for a foot , perhaps a shade more depending on model trends and cold conveyer transport

Almost everyone in SNE is going to get around a foot. The big winners out that way will be in the 15-20 inch range

Now just need to see if the 12z runs hold serve and are done jumping around. Had to play catch up because I caught that nasty stomach bug and didn't feel like getting out of bed yesterday. Looked at the runs from 18-24 hours ago and thought everything was just moving too fast to allow it to come together resulting in a long period of overrunning but nothing too exciting.

Archived