• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
Dec 14/15 winter storm Obs

RUNNAWAYICEBERG

A weenie is born. Apparently he was mesmerized.

Oh my goodness...so freaking cute.  Frame it.  Reminds me of my boy who's now 17 and looking at schools for Meteorology and or Geology / Env.  Science / Env. Engineering....you get the idea.  He is is a total weather weenie!!!!!!  It's great to share our love of the weather. 

13.1 F / 8F.  Still only about 1/2".  Snow growth is improving...starting to see some real purdy dendrites.  I like my location for a change!

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You're getting better snow growth than down here.  Still have lots of tiny flakes.

I was getting.   I noticed I had my 'greater than'/'less than' arrow going the wrong way.  It's the right way now as I look out the window--but quickly picking back up again suddenly.  Might end up doing okay up this way, Chris.

Just got back with our tree, picture perfect day for it.  Hands were numb after cutting and tying it to the car.

All the snow on the trees is from yesterdays bonus. 

xmastree.jpg

Nice shot--did you buy that from the farm on Bernardson Rd?

Drove it home root ball and all on too of his station wagon

Mesonet sites FTW... Winds just offshore already increasing veering E.

SPECIAL WEATHER STATEMENT
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE TAUNTON MA
412 PM EST SAT DEC 14 2013

MAZ023-024-RIZ008-150400-
DUKES MA-NANTUCKET MA-BLOCK ISLAND RI-
INCLUDING THE CITIES OF...VINEYARD HAVEN...NANTUCKET...
BLOCK ISLAND
412 PM EST SAT DEC 14 2013

...SLIPPERY TRAVEL EXPECTED THIS AFTERNOON AND EVENING...

LIGHT SNOW WILL FALLING ACROSS THE ISLANDS WILL BECOME STEADIER
BY EVENING. TEMPERATURES WILL BE IN THE 20S WHEN THE SNOW BEGINS
SO ROADS WILL QUICKLY BECOME SNOW COVERED AND SLIPPERY.

SNOW ACCUMULATION OF 1 TO 2 INCHES IS EXPECTED BY LATE EVENING
WITH A LOW PROBABILITY OF 3 INCHES. THE SNOW WILL CHANGE TO RAIN
BETWEEN 9 PM AND MIDNIGHT AS TEMPERATURES RISE THROUGH THE 30S.

$$

RLG

1.5" snow here so far today.  Getting sucker hole after sucker hole the past couple of hours with a with a little light snow in between.  Temp is at 23.  Temperature bottomed out about a half hour ago, but has since risen several tenths.  There is something about sunset around here in these snow to rain situations.

We've got close to 3" on the ground most places including the old snow.  Did a 7 mile hike this morning with a great bunch in one of the hilliest sections of the island. 

Native hemlock groves (a relative rarity here) and white pine groves in a fresh powdery snow....priceless. :snowing:

1.5" snow here so far today.  Getting sucker hole after sucker hole the past couple of hours with a with a little light snow in between.  Temp is at 23.  Temperature bottomed out about a half hour ago, but has since risen several tenths.  There is something about sunset around here in these snow to rain situations.

We've got close to 3" on the ground most places including the old snow.  Did a 7 mile hike this morning with a great bunch in one of the hilliest sections of the island. 

Native hemlock groves (a relative rarity here) and white pine groves in a fresh powdery snow....priceless. :snowing:

Sounds like a fantastic day.

Archived