wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
Dec 14/15 winter storm Obs

RUNNAWAYICEBERG

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Phil you've been down here longer than me I think but you'd probably agree this is all a huge bonus for us.  I'm a little bummed we're not getting the best of this tonight but even a few inches again....this is pretty unprecedented.  Two days of snowcover in November, multiple days now in December with 3-4 with snow falling before mid-month.  I'm thrilled.  Finally feels like winter before Xmas.

REALLY snowing now, probably bordering on S+

Phil you've been down here longer than me I think but you'd probably agree this is all a huge bonus for us.  I'm a little bummed we're not getting the best of this tonight but even a few inches again....this is pretty unprecedented.  Two days of snowcover in November, multiple days now in December with 3-4 with snow falling before mid-month.  I'm thrilled.  Finally feels like winter before Xmas.

REALLY snowing now, probably bordering on S+

really anywhere along the coast in December can be tough so anything before xmas is a bonus. nice thing would be to squeeze out enough tonight so that it doesn't get washed away by the rains overnight. not sure we can survive a few hours of 45 to 50F though.

really anywhere along the coast in December can be tough so anything before xmas is a bonus. nice thing would be to squeeze out enough tonight so that it doesn't get washed away by the rains overnight. not sure we can survive a few hours of 45 to 50F though.

Yep it may be tough tonight but let's see how it all plays out.

It's a great snow now, great flakes.

10 minute time lapse in total.

post-3232-0-98751700-1387047139_thumb.jp

Too bad it's going to warm by tomorrow morning.  I was looking at my records and it looks like todays high of 15° would have been a record low max, beating the previous record of 19° in 1989.  I keep my records 7A-7A so it looks like that record will stand.  It just goes to show how cold this air mass is though.

Archived