CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
Dec 14/15 winter storm Obs

RUNNAWAYICEBERG

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A winters day....in a deep and dark December....

Jerry,  there is something about December snow and cold short dark days.  Very different feel than bright March wet snowstorms.  True winter. Awfully cold day up here in Central NH high of 13F.  Filtered sun but darker skies off to the south.

T 20.4°F

Alright the rising temperature can stop there - Thank-you!

Starting to get the squeeze closing-up and in resulting in some weenies flakes flying.

Was thinking that this OES band could be the fledgling CF and convergence, will be interesting to see the extent of penetration inland this can get.

Trying to make a snowfall total graphic.. Any totals from southwest CTwould be greatly appreciated.. I know BDR has 2.4" and I saw Milford was at 2"

Close to 1" here in Clinton.

17f...down a couple degrees in the past 2 hours. Hard to believe in 9 short hours we'll be flirting with rain. Going out to enjoy it a bit before the torch kicks in. Don't get days like this often along the shoreline.

There have been storms in the recent past that have taken single digits, below zero temps only to have a screaming SE gale push temps into the low 60's in less than 12 hours, Blue Hills Observatory in Canton. I don't remember the year but it can happen. If memory serves we had Blizzard Warnings and conditions with a severe thunderstorm warning simultaneously.  

Archived