• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
Winter 2013 - 2014 Banter Thread

NEG NAO

LOTS of butthurt in here today. Its forky he does this to get a rise out of people and its funny sometimes. He is a pretty bright person as ive read some of his posts in here, he really isnt breaking rules perhaps really pushing the envelope. Ive always thought the avatars we're pretty funny, the chance of the family of the deceased person finding this is almost as low as hitting a record high powerball as well

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

William and I are friends and I like to bust his chops a little about age (I am older than he is).  Forky has been using avatars of a bunch of different old ladies for a while now.  I was so relieved to not see MDecoy anymore that I was surprised another old lady caused such a stir.

I agree it is quirky, but I was blown away by the "outrage" that it generated. 

I'm not outraged at all... he can do what he wants.  I don't want him banned, I generally like his contributions.

I just think his pathway to an avatar is pretty twisted and I found his false deference to the woman offensive.  He's always been an odd bird, but this is crazy deep end stuff.

I'm not outraged at all... he can do what he wants.  I don't want him banned, I generally like his contributions.

I just think his pathway to an avatar is pretty twisted and I found his false deference to the woman offensive.  He's always been an odd bird, but this is crazy deep end stuff.

He's had these avatars before, from long ago. I remember a specific one he had of an old lady around early Feb of last year.

I don't want to make a blanket statement because I don't read his every post, but what I've seen here is for the most part not actionable despite the chorus of cries for his banning that seems to follow so many of his posts.  It is my perception that there is a certain mob mentality prevailing.

it's not as cathartic to hurl rocks at the sky

all i do is make up a name and google image search it. i didn't even know it was from an obituary

I wasn't sure whether I believed it, so I did a google image search for Eunice Jackson.  It was just a name that popped into my head because it had the same cadence as Beatrice Wilson.  Sure enough there are about 50 photos there that look like they could have been Forky's avatar at one time, but my favorite was this:

eunice.jpg

For the record, I have no idea of the status of Eunice's health nor am I mocking her, but you must admit, that is a memorable image.

i'm sorry some of you wasted a lot of time tracking this non event. maybe next time you should be more attentive to reality

Tracking the storm was fine, but hoping against hope that it would defy physics and come all the way back west to hit everybody's back yard was a little silly.

I wasn't sure whether I believed it, so I did a google image search for Eunice Jackson.  It was just a name that popped into my head because it had the same cadence as Beatrice Wilson.  Sure enough there are about 50 photos there that look like they could have been Forky's avatar at one time, but my favorite was this:

eunice.jpg

For the record, I have no idea of the status of Eunice's health nor am I mocking her, but you must admit, that is a memorable image.

I did Eustace Collins and got the following:

Eustace%20Collins%20GIF.jpg

Not nearly as outrageous as Eunice, but there you have it.

This is the worst end to winter. What a tease. Spring weather cant come soon enough. Go away stupid storm and piss all you want on the fish.

That's the difference between weenies and true weather enthusiasts. The weenies want highly irrational and highly unlikely snow bombs in their backyard while the enthusiasts and some mets actually take the time to appreciate and be in awe at such a powerful and highly anomalous storm. 

In my 30 years of being a winter weather weenie, this month is by far the most aggravating as far as missed snow opportunities. a lot of late night tracking for nothing! Bring on spring, let me regroup, and I'll be back on the saddle come next December.

February 1989 will always take the cake for that.

Archived