• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Mid Atlantic Snow totals thread for winter 2013/14

Midlo Snow Maker

That's really excellent, Katie.  Thanks so much for taking the time to put that together.

I like the little horseshoe of 70+" around my house.  I thought at first that there may be some inflated totals on all sides but that little N spike of lower totals (as well as the similar spike in the 60" contour just to the south) correspond well to the corridor of rapid urbanization going on in the NW part of the county along the 270 corridor.  

Thanks in advance for agreeing to create next years' sure-to-be blockbuster map!

• Replies 881
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's really excellent, Katie.  Thanks so much for taking the time to put that together.

I like the little horseshoe of 70+" around my house.  I thought at first that there may be some inflated totals on all sides but that little N spike of lower totals (as well as the similar spike in the 60" contour just to the south) correspond well to the corridor of rapid urbanization going on in the NW part of the county along the 270 corridor.  

Thanks in advance for agreeing to create next years' sure-to-be blockbuster map!

Phew, glad you approve. I was worried about that area, because it looked really funky to me. But made sense based on the data I had.

And yes, of course, next year's 100" season will be mapped ;)

Nice product, MapLady.

Good scientific integrity.

Is it my imagination or does the 60+ inch contour match many of

the snow banding shapes that we've seen depicted on radar during the good

storms?  It seems we had a re-occuring pattern where the rich got richer

because the good snow production visited the same locales during several events.

Archived