Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
October 2013 Obs/Disc.

thunderman

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Agreed! Tho if it rains again later this week, I need to pump off the standing water on top of the pool cover. Don't want that to tear

Unless the pool can lose the water under the cover it should be fine. The water under the cover can't go lower so your cover is at the same height. Just has water on top of it.

Mine is an above ground and the water on it is actually beneficial in keeping the wind from flapping it around too much.

What's it look like regionally? My forecast is for zilch, like the GFS.

for winchester it's about half an inch or so. sharp gradient on west. most of the area is 1.5"+ though, with DC and a sliver to the southeast off the coast 2"+.  it looks a bit like the oct version of snowmageddon (drier north and south, bullseye this area) but drawn out.

that's all thru sun 0z.. the storm is still out there then but far enough away not to impact. 

Not to far from you and we had .85" today.  Gusty winds with morning storm too. 

Interesting driving on my "avoid the main roads" short cut behind the Lowe's in Winchester there were several, maples and bradford pear trees blown down, several of the metal state roads signs bent over almost to the ground, and the ground sign behind Olive Garden was blown off its base.  Most excitement all season.. :P

I was at that Lowes this afternoon.  Saw several trees heavily damaged on the road that runs past Lowes and towards Home Depot.  Heard that there was damage at the Apple Blossom mall and that it had to be shut down for a while.  Apparently, the heavy stuff stayed just N of us and expanded once the line moved E.  In other words, it was pretty much like every other frontal system that crosses the area. 

Archived