Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
October 2013 Obs/Disc.

thunderman

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm really not liking how this storm just sits off the coast. Tidal flooding could become an issue in SE VA and NE NC. I'm surprised there isn't more talk about it. It's certainly more of a threat than Karen ever was.

usually, folks down your way have their own thread in the MA forum

There are probably more discussions in that thread (assuming there is an active thread from your area)

usually, folks down your way have their own thread in the MA forum

There are probably more discussions in that thread (assuming there is an active thread from your area)

haha i think they all went into hibernation after last winter :P

00z GFS is really wet for you guys

We do need the rain but not the winds. When Ida reformed off the coast as a nor'easter it ended up flooding nearly as bad as Isabel because it just sat there with a strong pressure gradient. Thankfully this is much weaker but if it sits there long enough the water will slowly pile up. Kind of funny that the NWA conference happens to start on Sunday in Charleston. 

Euro destroys us lol

Rains on us for about 3 straight days.  I'm not sure what totals are, but they look hefty.  6z GFS starts about the same time (Wednesday night), but looks a fair bit lighter in totals...0.75-1.5" for all of us.  Lots more towards OC, MD.

NAM being the NAM

SREFs shows a decent hit with bulk still south of us.....but we all know what that means 

The 03Z sref members were all over the place in terms of how much rain we might get.  Lot's of room still for anything from a prolonged period of drizzle to the euro solution.  Personally, I favor something in between and am glad it's not a winter forecast.

post-70-0-95491200-1381247096_thumb.png

The 03Z sref members were all over the place in terms of how much rain we might get.  Lot's of room still for anything from a prolonged period of drizzle to the euro solution.  Personally, I favor something in between and am glad it's not a winter forecast.

attachicon.gifOct_9_sref.png

Wes, I was referring to the 9Z 24-hr. ensemble forecasts which had just come out prior to my post

idk what those individual members showed

but I agree with you, if this was winter, it would be ugly 

Archived