October 2013 Obs/Disc.

thunderman

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here are the numbers for the first week of October at Winchester:

Highs:  +14.8

Lows:   +10.3

Incredible.  This was the worst week of October weather that I can ever recall.  The rest of the month is looking somewhat more seasonal (but continued dry) according to the long range, but still no real cool air.  LR not liking the odds for first freeze anytime in October.

12z Euro clobbers us at the mid/end of the week, starting late Wednesday

Coastal storm develops into a Hurricane in the long range, blocking ridge is not quite strong enough to turn it into the coast. Before that it rains for about 5 days.

http://www.instantweathermaps.com/ECMWF-php/showmap-ecmwf.php?run=2013100712&region=NATL&var=PRMSL_msl&hour=192

Skies clearing here.  Total .49".  I was correct with my under .5" call, though just barely.  Comical to watch time after time we get 1/2 the precip of nearly everywhere else.  Oh well, it's a decent rain area-wide.  And best of all, the temp dropped to 59 (61 now).  Bye bye summer heat.  GTFO.

Not to far from you and we had .85" today.  Gusty winds with morning storm too. 

Interesting driving on my "avoid the main roads" short cut behind the Lowe's in Winchester there were several, maples and bradford pear trees blown down, several of the metal state roads signs bent over almost to the ground, and the ground sign behind Olive Garden was blown off its base.  Most excitement all season.. :P

Archived