joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
October 2013 Obs/Disc.

thunderman

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I guess I'm the only one who will enjoy the sunshine and mild temperatures this week.  For most of us, it's a few days of low-80s, maybe a day of mid-80s.  And, October sun is not the same as July sun.  Very pleasant.  It will be windy and cold soon enough.  Why rush it?  It's not like it can snow in early October anyway.  I saw another thread where someone was saying how hot and awful it is going to be.  Since when is 82 or 83 degrees hot?

I guess I'm the only one who will enjoy the sunshine and mild temperatures this week. For most of us, it's a few days of low-80s, maybe a day of mid-80s. And, October sun is not the same as July sun. Very pleasant. It will be windy and cold soon enough. Why rush it? It's not like it can snow in early October anyway. I saw another thread where someone was saying how hot and awful it is going to be. Since when is 82 or 83 degrees hot?

80's in October are the same to me as 50's would be to you in July. I'm all for the sunny, but let's at least do 60's

As of yesterdays forecast for my area, Sunday was supposed to have highs in the mid 50's.  Now, I see the gfs has my temps Sunday in the low 80's.  Haven't looked at any models or maps lately.  We must have a whopper of a high sitting over us.

cold front slowage. tho the trough organization to the west is somewhat complex, so who knows if it won't speed back up.  however, neither the gfs or euro have any really cool air with that front at this point.. long long range looks cooler tho. 

80's in October are the same to me as 50's would be to you in July. I'm all for the sunny, but let's at least do 60's

Fair enough.  For me, winter is good only for the snow possibilities.  And I know we aren't going to see warm weather again till next spring, so this week is awesome to me.

cold front slowage. tho the trough organization to the west is somewhat complex, so who knows if it won't speed back up.  however, neither the gfs or euro have any really cool air with that front at this point.. long long range looks cooler tho. 

I was too confident in my call for unseasonably cool after the first week of oct but at least I got the 80's part right. The lr has been hinting at getting a pretty deep trough in the east half of the country for a while now. I think the pattern will set up after the complicated western action finally runs its course...or not

I guess I'm the only one who will enjoy the sunshine and mild temperatures this week.  For most of us, it's a few days of low-80s, maybe a day of mid-80s.  And, October sun is not the same as July sun.  Very pleasant.  It will be windy and cold soon enough.  Why rush it?  It's not like it can snow in early October anyway.  I saw another thread where someone was saying how hot and awful it is going to be.  Since when is 82 or 83 degrees hot?

Are you the guy who had to wear a jacket in the bleachers at soccer practice when it hit 75 in August a few times? Maybe that was Snowman or whatever his name is.

When the average highs are supposed to be 70. 

+13 is ridiculous any time of the year, and in my mind are uncomfortable anytime except from the period from mid Nov to the beginning of April.  You should not have to turn on A/C in October.  This week is going to suck.  Big time.

Are you the guy who had to wear a jacket in the bleachers at soccer practice when it hit 75 in August a few times? Maybe that was Snowman or whatever his name is.

Nope. 75 degrees in August is awesome!. But this time of year, I do prefer that it stay warm as long as possible. It'll be cold soon. A few days of low-80s in early October isn't all that rare.

I guess I'm the only one who will enjoy the sunshine and mild temperatures this week. For most of us, it's a few days of low-80s, maybe a day of mid-80s. And, October sun is not the same as July sun. Very pleasant. It will be windy and cold soon enough. Why rush it? It's not like it can snow in early October anyway. I saw another thread where someone was saying how hot and awful it is going to be. Since when is 82 or 83 degrees hot?

When the average highs are supposed to be 70.

+13 is ridiculous any time of the year, and in my mind are uncomfortable anytime except from the period from mid Nov to the beginning of April. You should not have to turn on A/C in October. This week is going to suck. Big time.

not sure where you live, but here (40 miles northwest of DC center), the average high for Oct 1 is 74 degrees. Friday, October 4 average high is 73. Our average doesn't drop to 70 until Oct 11. As I noted in the previous post, several days of low 80s isn't unusual at the beginning of October.

not sure where you live, but here (40 miles northwest of DC center), the average high for Oct 1 is 74 degrees. Friday, October 4 average high is 73. Our average doesn't drop to 70 until Oct 11. As I noted in the previous post, several days of low 80s isn't unusual at the beginning of October.

Avg high tomorrow at KOKV is 71 and drops to 69 by Friday.  We are 80 to 83F through Saturday.

Doesn't matter if it's unusual or not.  Brutal July heat isn't unusual, but it still sucks.

Archived