12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
October 2013 Obs/Disc.

thunderman

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The whole conus trough evolution plus that is pretty tricky to resolve with details but it does seem we have a decent shot at some sort of interesting weather early next week.  Could be a tornado threat somewhere in the region! 

The whole conus trough evolution plus that is pretty tricky to resolve with details but it does seem we have a decent shot at some sort of interesting weather early next week.  Could be a tornado threat somewhere in the region! 

Best go with "meh"weather until proven otherwise. Excitement would be so welcome. 

Does anyone know the official records for all-time warmest Octobers?

There is not a single day in the next 10 day forecast below +8, and 6 of those are +12 or higher.

Would you rather be below normal now or during the winter?  It ain't likely to be below normal for 6 straight months.

Would you rather be below normal now or during the winter?  It ain't likely to be below normal for 6 straight months.

You make a good point, but I'd rather it just be seasonal right now.  October generally is the best weather month of the year, but it would still be a nice weather month, even at +2.  +6 or +10, however, is a very different story.

Heat is a byproduct of the big trough out West and vigorous storm cutting through the plains. Height are pumping here. Far from a harbinger of months down the road. Pattern will likely flip this month with an opposite lw pattern.

I'd consider this warmth quite normal personally.

Exactly, and there is the unforunate apsect in all this.  The first half, if not the whole month, may be well above average, at least partially ruining all the outdoor activities that are possible at this time of year, and later the pattern is likely to flip such that we are well below normal.  We are likely to miss all the temperate temperatures.

It's a lot harder to get normal temps in the meat of spring and fall than it is in summer/winter. Oct and April are typically battleground months. I prefer the exact opposite of Ian but I had zero complaints being outside most of yesterday afternoon / eve.

+8-10 in djf makes me want to kick puppies though.

It's a lot harder to get normal temps in the meat of spring and fall than it is in summer/winter. Oct and April are typically battleground months. I prefer the exact opposite of Ian but I had zero complaints being outside most of yesterday afternoon / eve.

+8-10 in djf makes me want to kick puppies though.

Much better to have the positive departures in October (and even November), than it is in the heart of the snow season.  Very pleasant weather this week.

Archived