Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
October 2013 Obs/Disc.

thunderman

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can only speak for my area but in the medium to long range models have shown wet only to back off as the time gets closer...don't recall it being the other way yet. Also not sure how normal this is in general...seems like the model recognizes the potential then obviously figures out the details later. This dry stretch rivals any of the past ones that I became famous for whining about years ago...honestly this may be the driest run since I moved to Leesburg in 04

I agree with what you said but I should have been clearer when I said long range models....I was referring to more the seasonal outlooks from the JAMSTEC & CFS2; I haven't seen the Euro monthlies or seasonal for our area proper so I don't know what it says; otoh, the models were showing heavy rain from this due to Karen and since that part has sort of fallen apart, it doesn't surprise me that the qpf has dropped so much

to me, everything is falling in place "so far" with an 01/02 dry fall; if it wasn't for the dry air allowing night time lows to drop, that month would have scorched (not that there weren't other things to be more concerned about that month)

at BWI, Euro a little better than a 1/2" of qpf, which is a little better than 0z fwiw

dews are solid so we should get some rain but tropical moisture inflow is relatively minor at this pt. transitioning from a trop sys injecting itself into the conus trough to a 'strong' cold front rarely seems to give us super substantial rains. but 1/2" would be decent..

dews are solid so we should get some rain but tropical moisture inflow is relatively minor at this pt. transitioning from a trop sys injecting itself into the conus trough to a 'strong' cold front rarely seems to give us super substantial rains. but 1/2" would be decent..

the last one ended up over performing so maybe a general .75-1" if this does the same

Archived