• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Remnants of T.S. Andrea to Impact the NE - Flood Threat!

moneypitmike

• Replies 997
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think anyone is expecting 8-10 inches of rain.

But this is definitely starting to set up as a potential minor flood event.

Agreed...the high amounts are likely over-done but a widespread 2-4" is looking more likely. The chance is there for a small local area to go big though if they start training.

But I wouldn't worry SNE...climo favors NNE and NY state with this one.

Agreed...the high amounts are likely over-done but a widespread 2-4" is looking more likely. The chance is there for a small local area to go big though if they start training.

But I wouldn't worry SNE...climo favors NNE and NY state with this one.

I suppose we also have to adjust for the damaging drought we are having. Dry begets dry.

Euro is hideous on Monday...we get CAD'd with chilly rain.

Despite the warmth on June 1st and 2nd, the first half of the month is almost certainly going to finish below normal with the cool/dry air mass this week and then a Nor'easter. I remember the massive negative departures we accrued in June 2009 when we had a similar set-up. I don't think we'll be as cold as that month though because there are signs of Plains ridging moving east by the month's third week.

Despite the warmth on June 1st and 2nd, the first half of the month is almost certainly going to finish below normal with the cool/dry air mass this week and then a Nor'easter. I remember the massive negative departures we accrued in June 2009 when we had a similar set-up. I don't think we'll be as cold as that month though because there are signs of Plains ridging moving east by the month's third week.

Bad memories of that summer.  After nary a drop June 1-8, we had measurable precip on 18 of the final 22 days, and traces on 3 of the other 4.  Then measurable on 24 days in July, for a 2-month total precip just over 17".  June had 20 days with highs in the 50s and 60s, and its warmest day was only 77.

Not a chance

Can't ask for much more really

FRIDAY-SATURDAY...CONTINUE TO SEE SIGNALS OF A FLOOD EVENT

SOMEWHERE ACROSS THE REGION. NOTING PWAT AXIS OF 1.8 TO 2 INCHES

MOVING UP THE COAST DURING FRIDAY...THEN WILL SHIFT E SATURDAY.

ALONG WITH THIS IS INCREASING DEWPTS ALONG WITH E-SE WINDS

SHIFTING TO S. 

LOL maybe Sat they tickle 60 for a few hours. 

Good luck....Nights in the 40s here in Dobbs Ferry are going to be chopping off those positive departures fast. 

I don't need luck just knowledge and understanding climo, heck even yesterday was a +1 here with a high of 77..........warm nights coming up will ensure slightly positive departures during this "cool" period thanks to clouds and dews.

Its a lock for + departures at all 4 in sne, not even close.

Archived