• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Remnants of T.S. Andrea to Impact the NE - Flood Threat!

moneypitmike

Discussion tread for the end-of-the week system.  If it were the winter, this would have had two threads a week ago.  But, given the magnitude of the rain potential, it seems  thread-worthy.

While the heaviest rains look to be North and West of here, even in those circumstances we still get a good dousing.  Sure don't need those excessive amounts here.

• Replies 997
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not possible - The drought is still in full effect.

See now, I refrained from bumping the drought thread, because I didn't want to troll for the sake of trolling. Actually, I did want to, but I figured someone else would. So thanks. The tumbleweeds and dust storms have clouded my judgement.

What's with the AFD's all being Sunday's?  Some glitch with the links, I guess.

Still looks like the heaviest stuff will be staying to the west and north of SNE.  NW Mass gets into heavier stuff relative to the rest of SNE, but the real core misses.  It's tough to see the EC's track, but it might come right across CT/RI.  If somehting pulls that track a bit further east there could be some very heavy rains impacting more folks.  As it is, the dust storms that were keeping crops from sprouting  a month ago are going to become swamps filled with water-logged heads of lettuce and tomatoe plants.

17147_trj001.gif

Some GFS members still bringing in low level air from the N, but a large contingent are drawing from the same location near the tropical Atlantic. Long residence over warm water, then steady isentropic upglide into New England (in this case backward trajectories were run from ORH).

17147_trj001.gif

Some GFS members still bringing in low level air from the N, but a large contingent are drawing from the same location near the tropical Atlantic. Long residence over warm water, then steady isentropic upglide into New England (in this case backward trajectories were run from ORH).

So that basically means we're drawing up high Theta air into New Eng translating to tropical type rains and environment?

Tropical rains perhaps..but the environment depends on WF location. Notice how those parcels ascend on that scale.

Right, it will depend on where the best low to mid level forcing is. But the warm cloud depths are forecast to be on the order of 12-14 kft on the GFS. Certainly likely that we'll see some warm rain processes if those verify.

Right, it will depend on where the best low to mid level forcing is. But the warm cloud depths are forecast to be on the order of 12-14 kft on the GFS. Certainly likely that we'll see some warm rain processes if those verify.

Oh yeah for sure. I think Kevin was hoping that those trajectories meant warm air right into SNE at the surface.

This has the look of sheet rains where cloud heights are low in any lack of forcing aloft. You know, those fine drops you can get when you have the high theta-e air aloft over temps in the 50s near the surface. Pretty high thicknesses modeled.

Oh yeah for sure. I think Kevin was hoping that those trajectories meant warm air right into SNE at the surface.

This has the look of sheet rains where cloud heights are low in any lack of forcing aloft. You know, those fine drops you can get when you have the high theta-e air aloft over temps in the 50s near the surface. Pretty high thicknesses modeled.

Tropical rains with extra-tropical surface temps.

Archived