• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Remnants of T.S. Andrea to Impact the NE - Flood Threat!

moneypitmike

• Replies 997
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kind of meh in SNE

@MattNoyesNECN: Early expected Friday/Saturday rain - heaviest amounts where ground is waterlogged=new flooding: http://t.co/T78zjVtMDY

12z GFS doesn't look like that, lol.  Most models have gone SE with the low...GGEM at 00z was further east with the heaviest QPF too.

Here's the latest GFS... we may dodge a bullet up here as we don't need 2-4" of rainfall.

The further south and east this shifts, the colder the rains though, lol.

gfs_namer_099_precip_ptot.gif

12z GFS doesn't look like that, lol. Most models have gone SE with the low...GGEM at 00z was further east with the heaviest QPF too.

Here's the latest GFS... we may dodge a bullet up here as we don't need 2-4" of rainfall.

The further south and east this shifts, the colder the rains though, lol.

gfs_namer_099_precip_ptot.gif

Well TBH I dont think many folks think the GFS is good. These setups always favor the far interior into NNE. We will have a few inches down here and then it'll shut off for a decent Saturday while you guys up north rain deep into Sat nite and end up with 4-8 with localized higher amounts. Climo favors your area and ENY

Well TBH I dont think many folks think the GFS is good. These setups always favor the far interior into NNE. We will have a few inches down here and then it'll shut off for a decent Saturday while you guys up north rain deep into Sat nite and end up with 4-8 with localized higher amounts. Climo favors your area and ENY

Yeah it just looked like a trend that had started bringing the axis further SE.

The GFS isn't on its own... last night's 00z GGEM was also in southern/eastern New England with the heaviest axis of rain.  Luckily sparing us up here of the real heavy stuff.

These setups always favor the far interior into NNE. We will have a few inches down here and then it'll shut off for a decent Saturday while you guys up north rain deep into Sat nite and end up with 4-8 with localized higher amounts. Climo favors your area and ENY

What is, "something that CT Blizz would never say in winter", Alex.

What is, "something that CT Blizz would never say in winter", Alex.

Can you imagine something like this in December...

"Climo favors the heaviest snow in upstate NY and across NNE, while we here in CT should escape with just some showery rain/sleet mix among breaks of sunshine as we dryslot.  The high theta-e air should be able to get deep into the interior as I expect the warm front to get to the Berkshires, and that should melt all our remaining snow quickly and I can't wait for those dew points to rise a quick 5-7 degrees."

@danburyweather: Model trends want to speed up the end of the week system and possibly further east. Result, dry Sunday and Saturday may dry quick too.

Let's try to salvage a good chunk of this weekend...

Drawback might be lower dews, so I wouldn't invest stock in TP this week...

Archived