• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Remnants of T.S. Andrea to Impact the NE - Flood Threat!

moneypitmike

It was an impressive event, but it was just shy of the amounts needed to cause real large-scale, dangerous flooding. The cut-off for that seems to be in the 5-6" range...Irene had about 6.5" here and Floyd around 7", and those both had widespread problems in Westchester. This storm was a minor inconvenience and didn't rise to nearly that level. 

Thankfully it did not rise to that level. It wasn't predicted to though...I thought the general forecasting of this storm was pretty good. Lots of minor (to some moderatein spots) scale flooding, but nothing massive.

• Replies 997
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was in Narragansett at work and at times it rained so hard i could not see across the parking lot.

No doubt we got five inches plus...and most of it fell from 3pm Friday through 3am Saturday morning.

For a few hours we did get some southerly wind gusts to 35 maybe 40 mph as well and there was a huge sea on through the day Sunday.

Images from Cranston Patch of the Fletcher Street/Pawtuxet River area:

attachicon.gifcaef156750baa3aba63c5554508e5291.jpg

attachicon.gif3d070a1edbe3789fe22a8d04582027b4.jpg

attachicon.gif6c8dcca64946c4d912fa57045607ad48.jpg

More photos and a video of the Pawtuxet River flood:

http://cranston.patch.com/articles/scenes-from-a-flooded-city

You can urinate into that river and it floods.

So true. 

Part of the dam at the mouth of the river was removed last year to allow for saltwater fish to spawn - and the overall water level dropped by a couple of feet. It doesn't look like the river is any less flood-prone.

You can urinate into that river and it floods.

I don't need luck just knowledge and understanding climo, heck even yesterday was a +1 here with a high of 77..........warm nights coming up will ensure slightly positive departures during this "cool" period thanks to clouds and dews.

Its a lock for + departures at all 4 in sne, not even close.

Oops.

Archived