• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Remnants of T.S. Andrea to Impact the NE - Flood Threat!

moneypitmike

• Replies 997
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do you actually thinks he even looks at the models?

He was LOLing stratiform rains in June like 5 days ago when every model had it. :lol:

I can tell he just skims those 24 hrs progs that the freebies have and sees orange colored 564 thicknesses overhead and assumes 80.

lol he was calling for 50's and rain on Monday. Not 70's with a warm front moving into Nne on Tuesday

You'll have to actually provide links if you want to make that claim. Since I never "called for 50s and rain on Monday"...I did say I thought we would struggle to warm sector in this next system which looks to be exactly the case. We will have a hard time warm sectoring perhaps until late Monday night or Tuesday. This was going back to original discussion:

It must soup up quickly on Sunday if models are pegging a severe outbreak on the 10th. Quick return flow

I'm not convinced we ever warm sector in that system...its trended more CAD-ish. If we were to warm sector, it would probably be on Monday and not Sunday.

That uber-hype by a couple posters over a few dry weeks in April will be the joke of the summer.  That one isn't going away anytime soon.

Some of us tried to explain how hard it is to get truly damaging droughts around here, mostly due to our geography...we even put up data from the 1960s when the worst occurred and it still wasn't that bad.

Yet even after all that explanation with data, they still hyped the drought. :lol:

I guess the old saying goes....you can lead a horse to water......

When did this place into Will trolling and calling out Kevin in every post?. Every post is somehow thinly veiled or directed at me, . Cut the crap and post normally

When did this place turn into making stuff up whenever you feel like it? Or saying "AWT" every time 1/10th of your idea pans out.

If you don't like being corrected for false dichotomy, then don't post that way. Its not that hard.

Somebody mentioned something about the showers in the DC area holding together, sure does look like they be makin a "B" line...

I'm Boston, my blood this time of year runs Black & Gold. New York is any respect has no use what-so-ever.... :offtopic: 

Recieved 3.12" of rain

Event rainfall...models did a decent job with this in the last 3 days, though they seemed to have the axis of heavier rain a little further NW in the Berks and Catskills. But the modeled 2-5" rainfall stripe worked out pretty well.

946635_485426988195874_1209294881_n.png

Warm front got caught up a little further south than models had it, so the heavy rain really tried to focus along that. Still an impressive event...and the rules of going above model guidance worked out well for a long duration ML flow off the ocean in heavy rain events for SNE.

Warm front got caught up a little further south than models had it, so the heavy rain really tried to focus along that. Still an impressive event...and the rules of going above model guidance worked out well for a long duration ML flow off the ocean in heavy rain events for SNE.

It was an impressive event, but it was just shy of the amounts needed to cause real large-scale, dangerous flooding. The cut-off for that seems to be in the 5-6" range...Irene had about 6.5" here and Floyd around 7", and those both had widespread problems in Westchester. This storm was a minor inconvenience and didn't rise to nearly that level. 

Archived