• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Remnants of T.S. Andrea to Impact the NE - Flood Threat!

moneypitmike

• Replies 997
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks tough except maybe SD or ND perhaps Monday for sct stuff?

Yeah think so. Looks like cap is weak enough on Sunday for an isolated boomer OK Panhandle/W KS? I dunno. 

The trick tomorrow if going to be able to bust out of DEN fast enough to get into KS. 

Yeah weird, Will... here are their last 2 obs

KBDL 080304Z 01009G19KT 2 1/2SM +RA BR SCT005 OVC012 12/12 A2980 RMK AO2 RAB0253 P0022 $

KBDL 080229Z 36014KT 3SM RA BR SCT008 OVC013 13/12 A2981 RMK AO2 P0005

Oh, the 0.22 is updated now. So BDL should be at 2.13" now if we trust it.

Fall River and New Bedford getting pounded.

I actually think the heaviest rain of the night for a chunk of area hasn't arrived yet or is just happening now. When that inflow hits the CF, its going to get wrung out like a sponge. Seeing it south of LI like that is pretty impressive...just surging into SNE and hitting that brick wall.

Is it a CF or a WF ?   

Heh, guess is doesn't make much difference if they are collocated.  

Well technically they can be the same thing...but yeah its really a warm front, but getting resistance from CAD tendencies...so does that make it a CF too? Semantics really.

Pretty visible from near the Cape Cod Canal to probably LI sound...you can see where the wind shift boundary is.

2013060803_metars_alb.gif

position of warm front obvious on temps as well, canal to LI sound:

Honestly I didn't believe it when I saw the flash....thought it was the neighbors headlights....but the low rumbling confirmed it....

definite occurrences of lightning:

@BreakingNews: JetBlue plane from Boston diverts to Newark, New Jersey, after being struck by lightning shortly after takeoff at 9pm - @NBCNewYork http://t.co/xh5Q4d79lb

I'm just down the road in Oakdale & I can't remember it ever raining as hard as it has the past 30 minutes.  Lightning & thunder now! 

Getting pounded with rain right now.  Looks like more seriously heavy stuff crossing LI Sound and headed my way soon.

Edit:  Just ran out to check the gauge again.  Up to 4.6" now! :raining:   Half an inch of standing water in the grass across the entire yard.

Archived