• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Remnants of T.S. Andrea to Impact the NE - Flood Threat!

moneypitmike

• Replies 997
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't need luck just knowledge and understanding climo, heck even yesterday was a +1 here with a high of 77..........warm nights coming up will ensure slightly positive departures during this "cool" period thanks to clouds and dews.

Its a lock for + departures at all 4 in sne, not even close.

A lock after 4 days...lol.

Euro really slowed down the meat of the event. Looks like it has it coming more on late Fri night and Sat morning.

Hopefully that doesn't mean we get a dud Saturday, but we'll have to watch that trend over the next couple runs.

Euro really slowed down the meat of the event. Looks like it has it coming more on late Fri night and Sat morning.

Hopefully that doesn't mean we get a dud Saturday, but we'll have to watch that trend over the next couple runs.

I was really hoping it would speed things up

7/10? as in on a clock? 

I think he means that the initial PRE/deformation may go and hit NY State while the heaviest stuff from the intensifying coastal stays in SE MA...putting part of SNE in the "split". At least that is how I interpreted it.

I still think the main coastal stuff is going to take over and hit us hard, but we still have time to work out details.

I think he means that the initial PRE/deformation may go and hit NY State while the heaviest stuff from the intensifying coastal stays in SE MA...putting part of SNE in the "split". At least that is how I interpreted it.

I still think the main coastal stuff is going to take over and hit us hard, but we still have time to work out details.

oh OK. yeah you answered his question. 

gfs confines the heavy stuff to the Cape...majority is offshore

That would be a "better" solution than the deluge.  Looks like some sublte timing differences with the developing TC in the GOM and the trough will have huge  impacts on the outcome and sensible weather.  Always tough tp predict these things with systems developing in the GOM.

The downside of the GFS solution is it hangs back a ribbon of moisture along the slowed frontal boundary after the initial sfc low escapes NE...so it leaves us with a pretty sucky Saturday with light to mod rain.

Hopefully that doesn't happen.

Archived