• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
Remnants of T.S. Andrea to Impact the NE - Flood Threat!

moneypitmike

That would be a troubling track thinking about rivers etc... would increase runoff from the hills to the rivers.. either way I'm preparing my cellar pump.

Eastern mass jackpot of 5" would suck. We live in a triple decker. Our yards are below street level and extremely prone to flooding as the first floor/finished basement is feet below the street. This will be first real test since finishing basement.

• Replies 997
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do you feel models will underestimate QPF in this scenario?  I just have a feeling they will.

It will. This has the look of a band of rain arcing into the center or just north of it, and then you have the crecent shaped band of frontogenesis +RA stretching from SW of the center, to well NE of the center. My concern lies in that band because it may not push NW too much...and then you have the massive low level convergence feeding into that. That's where you double model QPF easily. I'm not saying this will certainly happen..but it's what I envision.

It will. This has the look of a band of rain arcing into the center or just north of it, and then you have the crecent shaped band of frontogenesis +RA stretching from SW of the center, to well NE of the center. My concern lies in that band because it may not push NW too much...and then you have the massive low level convergence feeding into that. That's where you double model QPF easily. I'm not saying this will certainly happen..but it's what I envision.

Thanks.  I agree with the thoughts as well.  The are just to the NW of the track will have some hefty amounts.  I'd go anywhere 2-5".  There is still the area out my way that will have to deal with the WAA rains out ahead of the track.  Likely not as much but still 1-2".

To each their own. Hope you and Scooter and Ginx and Forky and whomever else wants it gets their record rains

see this is exactly what I was talking about, mention model output and all of a sudden that is what we wish for. I am actually hoping for total meh, a little rain for the reservoirs and rivers and out. Tool

see this is exactly what I was talking about, mention model output and all of a sudden that is what we wish for. I am actually hoping for total meh, a little rain for the reservoirs and rivers and out. Tool

And that's how people get confused and misinformed. 

This should be an impressive event for someone. Hard to say exactly where yet, but someone will need to put up the Sultan Signal. I don't think this will be an Irene for NW MA or VT though...not to that extreme.

Yeah I doubt people can put up those numbers.

The one concern I have is that VT and NW Mass have gotten a tremendous amount of rain recently so they're somewhat more vulnerable now than they were prior to Irene.

Archived