• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
Remnants of T.S. Andrea to Impact the NE - Flood Threat!

moneypitmike

I remember when I used to think all of Kevin's posts were serious, when you realize their not, he gets funnier and funnier, especially when someone gets worked up about it

the funny part is when people respond to him like he is serious

i was a bit surprised to see the storm up to 60 mph

• Replies 997
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When the Euro prints out 3", you always take notice. As Scott has already aluded to, there's often an area in the max zone where models underestimate the rainfall.

Especially in a scenario like this, where tropical connections are involved. Warm rain processes won't be handled well.

Remember when Powderfreaker thought VErmont wouldn't see much rain from this? Lol

It looks to be 1-2" in VT basically north to south. I wouldn't say that is a major event but certainly a decent soaking.

I remember when I used to think all of Kevin's posts were serious, when you realize their not, he gets funnier and funnier, especially when someone gets worked up about it

Why then, are not ALL his posts confined to banter threads??

Appears to be something in the order of a 2 or 5 year event.

(These are the model maps we use to size our culverts, drainage structures) Type III rainfall distribution, 24 hour storm.)

That's supported by the extreme precip return rate climatology.

map_MA_24hr_2yr_color.jpg

This should be an impressive event for someone. Hard to say exactly where yet, but someone will need to put up the Sultan Signal. I don't think this will be an Irene for NW MA or VT though...not to that extreme.

I think this will be more like what I experienced when the remnants/undead ghost of TS Allison moved through NJ in 2001.

Holy **** I'm old.

Archived