• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
May 2013 Obs/Banter/Complaining/Sarcasm

Ellinwood

That's at least the third time you've questioned whether the heat will be kicked in the nuts by a front. I thought the last cool shot was supposed to be the last dry, continental airmass!

This is true.  

Bob, you have called for the death ridge about 3 times, and the end of the cool continental airmasses as well.  What say you now?

Whatever happens, we are just over 3 months from September now.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

By evening,  you'll have drunk so many beers you'll be numb and won't feel the cold.  I  plan on playing golf today but the wind is going to make that an adventure.  Give me 80 with light winds and low humidity any day compared to this. 

That's the problem.  We zip right on through the 80's.  We can't get 80 with low humidity and light winds.  We go straight to mid 90's with high humidity and not a hint of wind.

Oh well probably better off that I did not have to see that massacre in Toronto.

It was brutal :facepalm:

Pretty serious 588dm ridge showing up on the gfs. It's been off and on in the lr but now it looks fairly likely mid-late next week. 90's here we come. The lr shows it getting knocked out by another canadien cold front but I'm going to have my doubts this time. Tis the season....for me to start incessantly complaining about heat

Going to get hot next week no doubt.  As a WAG right now, I'd say 5 days of possible 90s.  

By evening,  you'll have drunk so many beers you'll be numb and won't feel the cold.  I  plan on playing golf today but the wind is going to make that an adventure.  Give me 80 with light winds and low humidity any day compared to this. 

Wes, with this wind, I think you're going to get your 80 today... on the front 9 alone.

Pretty serious 588dm ridge showing up on the gfs. It's been off and on in the lr but now it looks fairly likely mid-late next week. 90's here we come. The lr shows it getting knocked out by another canadien cold front but I'm going to have my doubts this time. Tis the season....for me to start incessantly complaining about heat

I have decided to blame you and Matt for the fact that we really never got a period of weather in the upper 70s/low 80s range before jumping to the soup.

Went out earlier this morning, amazing how cold it is.  The back and forth pattern has been crazy this spring.  It could be worse though - Parts of northern England had accumulating snow a couple of days ago:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2329520/Just-week-June-STILL-snowing-But-warmer-weather-make-welcome-return-bank-holiday-weekend-highs-19C.html

They've had several rounds of snow in May, which pretty much never happens there.  It's extremely rare.

Lucky them

That's at least the third time you've questioned whether the heat will be kicked in the nuts by a front. I thought the last cool shot was supposed to be the last dry, continental airmass!

I'm totally impressed by how "different" this spring has been but it looks like a pretty large and stable ridge coming up next week. The kind that is awful tough to kick out. We haven't seen that yet this year. Eventually it's going to happen. But I hope it doesn't of course. 

I'll take the blame for a perfect spring any time. Thanks!

See, again, temps in the upper 70s for a stretch is kinda, well a part of an alleged perfect spring. We appear to be skipping that part. Hence, NOT perfect.

I have not minded the coolish stretches, far from it, it has been really nice at times. Its just that I also really enjoy warm days with nice evening breezes, warm being mid to upper 70s into the lower 80s. And we have kinda not really had that. So heading straight to 90s now kinda blows, from my perspective.

Exactly!!  That's my idea of perfect weather.

Yep.  I think this will be the repeating pattern through summer.  This has not been the usual mid-atlantic spring, so I don't know that regular rules apply.  I wouldn't bet against repeated intrusions of cool air masses from the north during the summer.  That will probably end just in time for winter.

I've seen that today too.  LOL.  Some people act like it's 40F outside the way they are bundled up.  Gloves and coats?  That's all a bit much.

Some might say your giddiness over the cold and wind is a bit much.

Let's face it - it is not normal to enjoy this type of weather in May.  It just isn't.  Some of you love it, and that's great.  But the average person does not.

Let's face it - it is not normal to enjoy this type of weather in May.  It just isn't.  Some of you love it, and that's great.  But the average person does not.

And yet we're still running above average for the month. Too many people seem to expect summer way too early.

Come on Fozz this may has not been enjoyable weather wise. It may average above normal but the amount of days near average has been very small.

7 days this month have been within 2F of normal at BWI.  That's almost 1 out of 3.  I wouldn't call that "very small".  

6 days of double digit departures warm or cold...4 warm, 2 cold.   

I think it is not normal to enjoy heat.

I only care about what I like.

7 days this month have been within 2F of normal at BWI. That's almost 1 out of 3. I wouldn't call that "very small".

6 days of double digit departures warm or cold...4 warm, 2 cold.

This month has been very normal and I don't get why so much distaste. March and April were dang cold except for the mini heatwave. It's been a great May.

I think it is not normal to enjoy heat.

I only care about what I like.

And this is true of everyone.  I like warmth in the late spring and summer months, because frankly, there are fewer of those than there are cooler months.  October through April are generally cool to cold.  There are pleasant days in October, but the days are getting short for outdoor activities.  And in April, we often have cutoffs, or days of clouds.  So, there are really only 5 months where it can be truly warm.  To have even more of that time taken away by anomalous cold (like today) really sucks.  I took today off from work, but I may as well be working today, because it's just not comfortable outside.  The average is near 80 degrees, so it being 53 degrees with a wind chill in the 40s... well, you can probably understand where I come from.  :-)

Archived