Newest Member
    joxey
May 2013 Obs/Banter/Complaining/Sarcasm

Ellinwood

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fri-Sun still looking good.

Yea, it's nice to see the ul trough verify but no vorts or ull's to worry about. Nothing but beautiful cool dry continental air with deep blue skies.

Think this is the last hurrah? I don't want it to be but real heat seems fairly likely to set in within a couple weeks. Booo

Going to be a cold weekend for beachgoers, but great for everyone else.  Not unusual though - Memorial Day weekend is usually pretty chilly at the beach, with the water still being so cold.  Looking forward to the clear blue skies and mild temps!

May departures to date:

DCA: -0.1

BWI: -0.5

frigid indeed :rolleyes:

If the boundary progged to stall just south of the ma early next week verifies we could have 6-7 below days in a row to close out the month. Unfortunately that includes clouds and rain but we need it anyways.

Today could produce some decent storms with wind and hail.

If the boundary progged to stall just south of the ma early next week verifies we could have 6-7 below days in a row to close out the month. Unfortunately that includes clouds and rain but we need it anyways.

Anybody else excited by the weekend forecast?

Yeah. Really am looking forward to some fresh air. We've had the AC on most of the week not because of the temps, but because of the humidity. Too damn soupy for my liking. Looks like we could have a 5-6 day stretch where high temps dont get out of the mid-70s with lows in the low-mid 50s.

Anybody else excited by the weekend forecast?

Meh... maybe if you are in NW MD... shear is atrocious and almost non-existent

I don't know when the last time a Memorial weekend forecast inlcuded upper 60s and low 70s (for highs instead of lows).  This could be just spectacular.

Look at your forecast.  It includes low 60's for Friday.  

I'm giddy over that one.  It should be declared a region wide holiday.

Look at your forecast.  It includes low 60's for Friday.  

I'm giddy over that one.  It should be declared a region wide holiday.

I'm not as convinced that Friday is going to be that nice.  The 00z Euro and 12z NAM both have precip sticking around for a while.  You guys out west may do a little better. 

Speaking of the 00z Euro, 850s are well below 0 by Friday afternoon with precip in the mountains.  The NAM/GFS aren't nearly as cold.

Archived