• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
April Obs/Banter

WxUSAF

I saw the line coming in, but with a bad sinus headache I took some stuff that knocked me out. I heard nothing! I did see the my husband did shut our toilet room door though so it must have been very windy. The flap on the stack for the fan in there goes crazy with winds and keeps us up. Obviously I had no clue. Flowers like it though, they look so perked up.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

extremely "May-like" weather...looking forward to next week...this is pretty much a May preview...tons of marine layer, e/ne flow, stalled unpredictable fronts, temp gradients, overcast days....along with some soakers, some severe..May is really wretched imo if you like crisp 40 dew point days, though I don't mind the overcast days when we have humidity

Beautiful weather yesterday, and all the better today.  I love it.

ughhh, first day with itchy eyes

First day?  I've had an itchy nose and eyes for the last month because of the extended budding of some early trees.  Should only be another week or two of allergies for me though since I tend to mainly have issues with the early stuff.

First day?  I've had an itchy nose and eyes for the last month because of the extended budding of some early trees.  Should only be another week or two of allergies for me though since I tend to mainly have issues with the early stuff.

I'm hoping to take the girl out for a walk today, we shall see. She had her 4 month check up yesterday and was sore from the vaccinations. Hoping she is feeling better this afternoon.

If we can get high temps like this throughout May, I'm on board. I like to enjoy somewhat normal spring temps so I can open up the house and enjoy some fresh air. I'm hoping to make it to mem day weekend before relying on full-time AC.

extremely "May-like" weather...looking forward to next week...this is pretty much a May preview...tons of marine layer, e/ne flow, stalled unpredictable fronts, temp gradients, overcast days....along with some soakers, some severe..May is really wretched imo if you like crisp 40 dew point days, though I don't mind the overcast days when we have humidity

Did she develop a fever from the shots? We had this problem with our girl each time she received shots.

I'm hoping to take the girl out for a walk today, we shall see. She had her 4 month check up yesterday and was sore from the vaccinations. Hoping she is feeling better this afternoon.

Must be oak pollen for me since it really hit hard the last few days, and the familiar yellow sheen is back.  One bizarre part about this green-up is that the maples have been so delayed.  In the past few years they have sprung well in advance of the oaks, but this year it is neck and neck.

Have already reached yesterday's high by noon. 

I think grandma got our wee one out today.  I'll be getting the dog out for sure at some point.

Not looking forward to the four-month shots.  The eight-week ones were rough enough!

Must be oak pollen for me since it really hit hard the last few days, and the familiar yellow sheen is back.  One bizarre part about this green-up is that the maples have been so delayed.  In the past few years they have sprung well in advance of the oaks, but this year it is neck and neck.

Have already reached yesterday's high by noon. 

I think the maples give me issues, which explains the early onset of allergies, but I also know that oaks get me a little later.

I never had allergies growing up.  In fact, it's not until about 8-10 years ago that I started getting them.  It's to the point that I'm debating getting  shot next year.  My mom and sister got shots years ago and haven't needed them since.

I think grandma got our wee one out today.  I'll be getting the dog out for sure at some point.

Not looking forward to the four-month shots.  The eight-week ones were rough enough!

Wasn't too bad, one oral and one in each leg. She cried but got over it quickly. Must have really taken it out of her though, she slept wonderfully last night haha

and then dropped 5 degrees

Not even river related.  Down 6 degrees from the high at home.

we'll be +4.6 after today...I hope when it cools down, there is some cognizance by the public that it has been warm in the means

I think most would be surprised that we've been middle single digits above the norms even after the heat broke.

low max next week?...euro has max in the 40s next tuesday

That looks gross. 

The way the past two years have unfolded, I doubt it.

this weekend and early next week's complaints

"Why has April been so cold?!"

"When are we going to get spring?!!"

"I just want no-jacket weather.  Is this global warming related?"

"So much for global warming.  It is 30 degrees out!"

"Looks like we are going to go right from winter to summer again!"

zwyts, I turned off my euro subscriptions till next winter. Is the euro hinting at any frost possibilities just outside the beltway? I just got my hot pepper seedlings delivered and I was planning on planting them this weekend. Frost would be an instant death to them and I would be devastated.

zwyts, I turned off my euro subscriptions till next winter. Is the euro hinting at any frost possibilities just outside the beltway? I just got my hot pepper seedlings delivered and I was planning on planting them this weekend. Frost would be an instant death to them and I would be devastated.

Hot pepper seedlings are an endangered species?

Archived