joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
April Obs/Banter

WxUSAF

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The friends who sent me the pictures are in Florida,  friends and relatives sent them a bunch of pictures from the storm.  I picked the two I liked best to post.  My friend is a farmer and last year was home by this time of year.  This year, he's not sure when it will be warm enough and dry enough to plant. 

Well at the very least the active weather pattern across the midwest will take a bite out of the tremendous drought that has been plaguing the region.

post-1389-0-74452800-1366040404_thumb.gi

Just finished setting up my Davis VP2 here in VA.  

It was quit dirty, even mossy from 5 years in WV yet it never seemed to affect performance.

The Davis products are really solid IMO.

Noticed the cheap unit I had here runs 2 degrees warm.

Happy spring fellow "skeleton" crew posters.  Moving weather was perfect over the weekend.

So with others posting snow pictures here is one of the snow pack at Crater Lake from today.

Actually seems less than this time last year? which based on article last week the average snow pack out there is at 80% and concerns already about the wildfire season.

Anyway still working toward that being IMBY (or at least a short day trip) in a few years.

post-4831-0-21202400-1366058641_thumb.jp

So with others posting snow pictures here is one of the snow pack at Crater Lake from today.

Actually seems less than this time last year? which based on article last week the average snow pack out there is at 80% and concerns already about the wildfire season.

Anyway still working toward that being IMBY (or at least a short day trip) in a few years.

cameraHQ.jpg

Hey, a ground exit on every floor. Incredible.

Speaking of big snows out west, northern Colorado is getting a huge storm - over two feet now in the Estes Park area and another 8-16 expected by tomorrow.  We have a small cabin outside Estes, unfortunately I am not there right now but found this picture online from the park near there:

BearLakeArea041513-M.jpg

Speaking of big snows out west, northern Colorado is getting a huge storm - over two feet now in the Estes Park area and another 8-16 expected by tomorrow.  We have a small cabin outside Estes, unfortunately I am not there right now but found this picture online from the park near there:

BearLakeArea041513-M.jpg

Heaven.

Looks like some rain for the late night. Can't rule out a rumble of thunder. The squall line is packing 40-55 mph in Pittsburgh. Severe level criteria shouldn't make it over the mts, but I want to wait for the 00z sounding to make sure. Anything that does make it is going to be elevated in nature.

1ref_t3sfc_f11.png

That line of storms last night was plenty potent.  Heavy rain, gusty wind, and lots of T&L.  Woke me up soon after I'd fallen asleep.  Even better, today is trash day so it redistributed my trash (along with most everyone's trash that was placed curb-side last night) around the neighborhood.  That was a fun clean-up job this morning.  Picked up over .5" in my gauge.  Thankfully, at least some pollen got washed away.

Archived