• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
April Obs/Banter

WxUSAF

Depends on where you are, I suppose.  It's mostly cloudy here, with a 10-15mph NW wind gusting to 21-25mph.  People are wearing coats and jackets.  It's chilly, especially when compared to the warm weather last week.  It was actually nicer this morning when it was sunny and we had less wind.

The warmth later next week will be nice.  Just a shame that it turns colder the following week.

you must be under a stationary tiny cloud. ;)

post-1615-0-77599300-1365879772_thumb.jp

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Spaceweather.com doesn't seem too enthused based on their front page.. no major detail tho.  Good marketing ploy for Accu maybe. No one actually expects to see the aurora around here but the opportunity will get them a billion shares etc. 

I do think it is possible in theory to see them even into the cities around here--at least a place like the national mall with a long exposure. Probably need a crazy storm though.  My dream pic. :P

It's tough but not as tough as you might think. we just had really nice ones a few years ago. Important note is that it's not the strength of the flare itself but the CME instead. Tho I don't think our odds are that high for tonight. The CME is strong but not anyhting spectacular

It's better now, but it was more clouds than sun when I was out around lunchtime.

yeah we had about 2 hours of a big patch of mostly cloudy over the dc area mainly. it happens. end result is 70 degrees at 5pm and a stellar afternoon so i guess it's ok. ;)

awesome..wish that was us

The friends who sent me the pictures are in Florida,  friends and relatives sent them a bunch of pictures from the storm.  I picked the two I liked best to post.  My friend is a farmer and last year was home by this time of year.  This year, he's not sure when it will be warm enough and dry enough to plant. 

Archived