amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
March 18-20th Fluff Bomb Special

dryslot

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I always hedge negatively by a few when we play with the east wind. Given I only tracked the blizzard, I'm not sure where to put the seasonal trend into my forecast. As usual early late season, put a big asterisk anywhere with elevation and increase their totals. I guess 3-6" for BOS would be fair at this point. What would be the high end bust for us in your opinion?

See I think winds will be more NE like 060 or 070. Not the 090 stuff the GFS has out. 8-9 is high end I think. I don't have the stones to put that out unless the euro went nuts.

"In fairness, Ed was talking pavement temps"

Coming late to this item...

Given a breakfast time thump with temps in the 20s, it's going to take some time before the sun can even see pavement.  Unless the crummy rates last many hours (and clouds thin to where the sun is a visible dot), I can see pavement remaining at least slushy throughout the day, maybe with white patches where tall softwoods line the south side of the road.  Memory includes storms of 3/15/99 and 3/30/01 where moderate snow at 30-32 had trouble whitening the roads but kept all but the major routes slushy through the early aft, before the evening +SN pounded us.  GYX progs Jeff for high of 30 tomorrow, and upper 20s for MBY.

Didn't it have like 50-70 inch snows for some in the Blizzard... and like 30-40" snows on March 8?

Yeah, That's why i said it was a weenie model, It had some outlandish totals on a few of these events, I really don't know how accurate it has been, Not much mention about it up this way

Archived